Prospect Info: At 8th Overall the Kings Select Brandt Clarke

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
My man, you've become the dark cloud round here. Hard to blame you though.

In reality I think this is one guy special enough that he transcends 'development'. He's just a real offensive savant. They may be able to refine his D over time so he's an all around stud like Doughty (he's very good already, though) but of all the guys we've drafted in the top 10, this is the one that just already has 'it' at a high level (Byfield is raw but completely amazing and just needs time, Turcotte is like Toews but he's not showing to be a league-leading offensive talent even if he's a magnificent all-around player, etc.) and i'm pretty sure he's just going to walk right into the league and open some eyes immediately.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
In reality I think this is one guy special enough that he transcends 'development'. He's just a real offensive savant. They may be able to refine his D over time so he's an all around stud like Doughty (he's very good already, though) but of all the guys we've drafted in the top 10, this is the one that just already has 'it' at a high level (Byfield is raw but completely amazing and just needs time, Turcotte is like Toews but he's not showing to be a league-leading offensive talent even if he's a magnificent all-around player, etc.) and i'm pretty sure he's just going to walk right into the league and open some eyes immediately.

I sure f***ing hope so. It would be pretty fun to hear people talk about Makar, Hughes, Fox, and Clarke.

Reactions: dick341

Gjwrams

A Know Nothing Fool
Mar 4, 2019

I agree. This dude is a stud! Clarke and Chromiak are two guys I think will transform our current offense. The dudes just make stuff happen!

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
They didn't know how to spell his name imo

probably makes more sense then whatever other bullshit they make up

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
Barrie in the middle of a big covid outbreak and with camp coming up, it may be a protocols thing.

That's the only legit reason I could see

Scott Wheeler tweeted that according to two sources close to Clarke that this was not the case. The reason he wasn't invited isn't related to C19.

Edit: I saw some crazy speculation on the intl board that Clarke wasn't invited because LA management told Hockey Canada that they wouldn't release Byfield even if he was healthy. I know that would be insane, but we've seen ever poorer and pettier decisions come to light from hockey management groups lately.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels

200.gif

Reactions: AbsentMojo

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Scott Wheeler tweeted that according to two sources close to Clarke that this was not the case. The reason he wasn't invited isn't related to C19.

Edit: I saw some crazy speculation on the intl board that Clarke wasn't invited because LA management told Hockey Canada that they wouldn't release Byfield even if he was healthy. I know that would be insane, but we've seen ever poorer and pettier decisions come to light from hockey management groups lately.
That seems like an odd reason… ducks arnt gunna send drysdale…. So shouldn’t they snub zelleweger and mctavish too?

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
I honestly thought Clarke was an absolute lock, and he didn't even get an invite? Something really strange is going on with this situation

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Hot take - international hockey is stupid and overrated. The goal is the Stanley Cup. Keep kicking ass and you'll be on the Kings in no time!

That is a hot take. The players all seem to think they are important, and not just world juniors but look how important the Olympics seem to be to a lot of star guys. I don't really get it, I would rathe win a cup than a gold, and I definitely would not want to fly to the other side of the world during a pandemic (goes for international players coming to Alberta for the world juniors too).

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Its important for kids to play in high pressure/prestige games. What an astonishing decision. There are not 6 better defensemen under 21 in that country, much less not even inviting him to camp to compete for a fringe spot.

Now I have zero qualms with rooting against Canada. **** 'em.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Its important for kids to play in high pressure/prestige games. What an astonishing decision. There are not 6 better defensemen under 21 in that country, much less not even inviting him to camp to compete for a fringe spot.

Now I have zero qualms with rooting against Canada. **** 'em.

Yup. It's one thing if he was cut because he was outplayed. But not getting an invite is certainly a choice.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

That would be extra stupid since Canada has enough 4Cs anyway :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad