At 6th Overall the Red Wings Take Filip Zadina

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
I'm pro holding out until Vrana gets back since they played well together last year, but Zadina's confidence is shot. He misses so many grade A opportunities, and I don't think it is an AA like effort issue. He is committed to a 200ft game, but offensively he couldn't clutch that stick any tighter. I don't think he is going to breakout and be a 40/40 guy anymore but a 25-25 guy on the 2nd line I could see. I just don't know if that is going to happen in Detroit at this point. He is still really young but he is almost to the point that he needs to go someplace where he won't have those 6OA expectations.

I wouldn't be opposed to seeing Stevie deal him in something like a Drouin/ Sergachev trade. With Bergy in the AHL, Vrana returning, Ras looking better at wing offensively, Fabbri resigned, Ray, and Bert. There is going to be major competition for top 6 minutes. Zadina is not a guy that can really play down the lineup. Maybe a 3rd line role if there is some offensive umph to it, but the cap makes that hard to maintain outside of a season or two.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I'm pro holding out until Vrana gets back since they played well together last year, but Zadina's confidence is shot. He misses so many grade A opportunities, and I don't think it is an AA like effort issue. He is committed to a 200ft game, but offensively he couldn't clutch that stick any tighter. I don't think he is going to breakout and be a 40/40 guy anymore but a 25-25 guy on the 2nd line I could see. I just don't know if that is going to happen in Detroit at this point. He is still really young but he is almost to the point that he needs to go someplace where he won't have those 6OA expectations.

I wouldn't be opposed to seeing Stevie deal him in something like a Drouin/ Sergachev trade. With Bergy in the AHL, Vrana returning, Ras looking better at wing offensively, Fabbri resigned, Ray, and Bert. There is going to be major competition for top 6 minutes. Zadina is not a guy that can really play down the lineup. Maybe a 3rd line role if there is some offensive umph to it, but the cap makes that hard to maintain outside of a season or two.
Zadina's RFA and he isn't gonna get much of a raise.

Drouin was traded coming off a 53pt season (73 games), ZAdina has 47 pts for his entire career (118 games). If anything it'll be more like the Brett Connolly trade (2 second rounders).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad