At 6th Overall the Red Wings Take Filip Zadina

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Was hoping for a defenseman, but I really like Zadina. They said they were going for skilled players, and this kid has skill for days. He will be a lot of fun to watch. He was my #3 ranked guy, so I get why they did it.

Last edited:
Reactions: HisNoodliness

H3ckt1k

Jan 9, 2015
I was watching this at work, and i will admit i shreiked like a little girl when i realized zadina dropped to us. f*** yes

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
I am so incredibly happy. I haven't felt this level of joy as a Wings fan since the cup in 08.

we got Zadina??? Still in shock...

ChelisChiliBar

Feb 26, 2018
Like others I was hoping for a D, but this is fantastic for us. Zadina can obviously snipe but he has that two-way ability as well. Future is looking up for the Wings!

The Geelee

Jul 27, 2013
Thing about him is he's an electrifying player. He's going to make me want to watch the wings next year. Awesome pick

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
On the one hand, I liked this forward more than any other, save Svechnikov.

On the other, it puts an even greater amount of pressure to find some quality defensemen in the next few picks.

Here's to hoping...

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Didn’t think we’d have a shot at this guy. His highlights at times give me Datsyuk vibes. His personality seems colorful. Really nice addition and hope he can prove that Habs/Yotes/Sens made a mistake passing on him!

lucaseider

Apr 15, 2006
mactown
On the one hand, I liked this forward more than any other, save Svechnikov.

On the other, it puts an even greater amount of pressure to find some quality defensemen in the next few picks.

Here's to hoping...

I agree, we needed defense more than almost anyone, but you just cant turn down filip, (wouls have been very happy with brady too, only two I wanted more then a d man, always take bpa, no matter what.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
With Bouchard going #10 and Dobson going #12 I think scouts believe these guys are more than likely solid second-pairing defensemen rather than elite top-pairing guys many here were getting excited about.

You certainly don't pass on a player like Zadina if he falls to you, who has elite, first line talent and skill.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad