Prospect Info: At 46th The Isles Select Robin Salo

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Great that Lou found that gem. Oh, wait. Does count if he wasn't a Lou pick:sarcasm:

Interestingly, Lou has signed ALL of our own draft picks by the time they needed to be signed, be it to an ELC or an AHL contract (Coskey, Bibeau, Pastujov), and regardless of whether they were drafted by Snow or not.

There's not been one who has just been allowed to walk without getting a look in the organization.

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
Interestingly, Lou has signed ALL of our own draft picks by the time they needed to be signed, be it to an ELC or an AHL contract (Coskey, Bibeau, Pastujov), and regardless of whether they were drafted by Snow or not.

There's not been one who has just been allowed to walk without getting a look in the organization.
including JHS. and he had nothing but good things to say about LL.

LL treats people like family. and it shows.

Reactions: The Winter Soldier

Wanderson

Aug 1, 2011
For RFAs, yes. Not so much when it came to UFA contracts though.

During his tenure as GM the Isles has to pay the UFAs premium to sign here. That doesn’t excuse all his bad signing though.

scott99

May 13, 2005
One thing I like about Lou, is he has signed the key guys he picks up at the trade deadline. Losing 1sts and 2nds for rentals, and then losing them in free agency is a killer to an organization.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002

I am glad Lou signed these prospects. That's not my point and if you have seen my discussions with Throttle, you would have realized he got in a little dig with his " Lou has a trade chip" post and I returned the dig.

Reactions: Throttle

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Isles have not had many pleasant surprises this year. With Pulock out for 4-6 weeks. Maybe Salo can be one. He's got the seasoning and skills to make an impact with the big team.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I am glad Greene has #4 already. For 2 reasons, Orr and Gerig. #2, no pressure, all he has to do now is be better than Mark Streit.

Streit was so under appreciated. Towards the end he wasn’t too great like AMAC but he was really good here for us for a few years and a respectable captain. His first year he lead the team in points as a defensman. Albeit we sucked in 08.

Reactions: bigtim1988

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad