Prospect Info: At 46th The Isles Select Robin Salo

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
It was very sloppy when I was watching. Lots of icing back and forth with goalies coming out to keep the play moving.

Yeah I watched for about five mins. No one was really controlling the puck. They were kinda just knocking it back and forth.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Well, this guy has looked quite good in Örebro this year. The question is, will it be the NHL or AHL for him next year?

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
Well, this guy has looked quite good in Örebro this year. The question is, will it be the NHL or AHL for him next year?
Depends on what happens at the Expansion draft, the offseason and at camp. That's not meant to be obnoxious, just the real answer.

If a D man gets picked at the Expansion draft and there's no signing during the offseason he's got a good chance at the NHL next year.

If the Isles have the same top 6 next year because they couldn't move Leddy at the expansion draft or through trade Salo's AHL bound.

If the Isles move on from Leddy and there's a cost-efficient D available in the UFA market, Salo's AHL bound.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Doesn't seem like Trotz trusts Aho, Salo may be more important than at first thought. Greene is nearing 40 and is playing well, but can't expect him to forever.

impaaaaaact

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Depends on what happens at the Expansion draft, the offseason and at camp. That's not meant to be obnoxious, just the real answer.

If a D man gets picked at the Expansion draft and there's no signing during the offseason he's got a good chance at the NHL next year.

If the Isles have the same top 6 next year because they couldn't move Leddy at the expansion draft or through trade Salo's AHL bound.

If the Isles move on from Leddy and there's a cost-efficient D available in the UFA market, Salo's AHL bound.

There will likely be at least one opening on the left side next year, whether it is Greene retiring/not resigning or Leddy being taken in the expansion draft/traded. I think if we fill that spot internally, it's most likely to be Bolduc or Aho - someone who has played professionally in America. Salo (if not traded) will likely be invited to camp and will start in the AHL next season

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Congrats to Salo on his new nyi contract.

. Just judging on potential,where does Salo rank among Aho, Bolduc and Wilde?

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
Congrats to Salo on his new nyi contract.

. Just judging on potential,where does Salo rank among Aho, Bolduc and Wilde?

Bolduc, Salo, Wilde and Aho. I don't know whose dog the other Aho kicked but he gets no shot, even with a one-way contract next year. He's behind Wilde, who hasn't exactly set the A on fire.

Bolduc impressed Trots a lot during camp and has been very good for the ST so I think that's why he'd have the lead over Salo.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Bolduc, Salo, Wilde and Aho. I don't know whose dog the other Aho kicked but he gets no shot, even with a one-way contract next year. He's behind Wilde, who hasn't exactly set the A on fire.

Bolduc impressed Trots a lot during camp and has been very good for the ST so I think that's why he'd have the lead over Salo.

I am wondering who the isles will see as the most expendable at the TDL and who they would want to keep in the organization.

I would have hoped Wilde would be a bit higher,but as you point out,he hasn't done much in Bridgeport.

Thanks.I appreciate the feedback.

FractionTwo

Mar 3, 2021
I am wondering who the isles will see as the most expendable at the TDL and who they would want to keep in the organization.

I would have hoped Wilde would be a bit higher,but as you point out,he hasn't done much in Bridgeport.

Thanks.I appreciate the feedback.
Cant do much in bridgeport when the entire team is bad on coaching lol. I think wilde will be fine in the end

JKP

Sep 19, 2004
Halifax, NS
It honestly would surprise me if he made it out of camp vs a mid year call up. Our leadership likes experience. Salo hasn’t played on the narrow ice or against NHL players.

I’d love to be wrong, but it just doesn’t fit the MO of those two dudes.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
In the clips posted above it looks like Salo plays the right side as LH shot. Not sure if he was doing the for a tournament and can play both sides or if he prefers the right side.

I was impressed that he took a couple of wrist and snap shots from the point. He scored a nice goal on a short backswing slapshot. Seems intelligent enough to know to get the puck at the net rather than just trying to blast it.

Reactions: buud

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad