Prospect Info: At 24th Overall the Jets Select Kristian Vesalainen

Status
Not open for further replies.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Don't think so. Wheeler is the set-up guy on the right-shooting PP.

K-Ves is more likely to move into the lefty PP.

I’m wondering who will carry that position after Wheeler, I’d think Vesalainen has to be in it(maybe make Trouba or Niku the set up guy from behind who decides wether to pass for the one timer to the Left or Right, I mean Connor, Ehlers and Roslovic are probably ahead of him here but it would definitely be interesting for the future of the Power Play, these out the kind of issues most teams would only dream of having.

wpgallday1960

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2010
Sunny St. James
Ya, training like a boss :cool:

giphy.gif

If you show that KVas video to Rod Black, expect an epic man crush.

Reactions: LAINEC

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Draft is over and no announcement about his contract. Anyone starting to get just a little bit concerned?

Briscodog

May 2, 2016
Most certainly. I wonder if anyone in the media has asked Chevy if Vesa plans tb here for development camp?

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
In his post-draft interview Chevy said that Vesalainen is coming over for the development camp, that eases concerns somewhat.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I don't want him to play this season, our roster is too full. When we trade away one of the guys after next season to make way for him, then I say do it. Because his ELC will begin, and if we have a bunch of contracts kicking in then it won't really harm the roster.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Wouldn’t be surprised if he goes back to Europe for another year. Can’t see him making the top squad and that’s likely what he wants.
I see him playing with the Moose. He will be recalled this year as he's most ready after Roslo and Petan (maybe Lemieux too) for forwards and the first two may be on Jets opening roster. He will surprise many as he's close and I think finishes year on Jets roster. This guy is a dandy. But is he really chopping at a log in sandals?!

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Well you don't have to worry about that. He's no where near NHLrdy.
No where near NHL ready? Oh please, that’s a real hyperbole. He had clearly more points in Liiga than Laine had in his last Liiga season, and Laine scored already 64 points in his rookie season. Of course points don’t translate just like that necessarily, but as Vesalainen is already a quite physically good player, I seriously doubt that he wouldn’t be already NHL ready. Most probably at least 3rd line potential, and I see it possible even that he would be good enough for playing in the second line if he gets a good start after playing his first NHL game.

But yeah, I understand that you must seriously worry about what happens to Armia if/when Vesalainen grabs a spot in the lineup. Honestly I think that Armia will not be very long a Jet anymore.

Reactions: Laine Fan

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
The Jets will not want use a year on his ELC next season due to the camp crunch. They also aren't going to rush him even if he can play competently in the bottom 6. They will do with him what they did with Roslovic.

Reactions: Puckatron 3000

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
I would like to see him play a whole season with the Moose next year. Like Rozlovic did at 19 years old and Appleton did last year.

He will need a full season to get accustumed to N.A. hockey and size of rink/ N.H.L.game.

His E.L.C. will slide and we will definetly need good cheap E.L.Cs btw 2019-2021 ( 3 years) ..... with all the big ticket contracts we will paying out.

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
I would like to see him play a whole season with the Moose next year. Like Rozlovic did at 19 years old and Appleton did last year.

He will need a full season to get accustumed to N.A. hockey and size of rink/ N.H.L.game.

His E.L.C. will slide and we will definetly need good cheap E.L.Cs btw 2019-2021 ( 3 years) ..... with all the big ticket contracts we will paying out.
Because all non NA players require this?

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I don't believe his 5 on 5 game is NHL level yet. He will need to spend some time on the Moose to hone in on his 5 on 5 game. He might be able to contribute well on the PP at the NHL level but it is better for his development to play 16 minutes a night at 5 on 5 with the Moose rather than 9-10 with the Jets on the 4th line.

Reactions: Ares

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I don't believe his 5 on 5 game is NHL level yet. He will need to spend some time on the Moose to hone in on his 5 on 5 game. He might be able to contribute well on the PP at the NHL level but it is better for his development to play 16 minutes a night at 5 on 5 with the Moose rather than 9-10 with the Jets on the 4th line.
I agree he will dominate AHL like Niku did last year, but here is a question, who are our top 4 recalls. Lemieux can play 4th line when recalled, Appleton isn't ready imo, so who else goes up ahead of him from Moose with injuries? I see Petan with Jets all year and Dano gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad