Prospect Info: At 24th Overall the Jets Select Kristian Vesalainen

Status
Not open for further replies.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
It'll be Moose.

Jets have more than one pro team in Winnipeg, and with Roslovic graduating to the NHL next season, there's no reason why K.Ves can't go there.

You do realize if he went to the Moose that'd be burning one year of his ELC. Also, I find he'd be better off in Europe because not only is it more of a challenge, but he makes more money and gets more ice-time. 2019-20 I want him on the Jets.

Don't believe me about the ELC? Roslovic has one year left on his ELC before we have to sign him to an extension.

This is what I hope for in 2019-20

Laine-Scheifele-Wheeler
Ehlers-Roslovic-Vesalainen
Connor-Little-Appleton
Tanev-Copp-Armia

See, a trade might have to happen. Our top nine is pretty much stacked in the upcoming seasons.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
You do realize if he went to the Moose that'd be burning one year of his ELC. Also, I find he'd be better off in Europe because not only is it more of a challenge, but he makes more money and gets more ice-time. 2019-20 I want him on the Jets.

Don't believe me about the ELC? Roslovic has one year left on his ELC before we have to sign him to an extension.

Laine-Scheifele-Wheeler
Connor-Little-Appleton
Tanev-Copp-Armia

See, a trade might have to happen. Our top nine is pretty much stacked in the upcoming seasons.

Roslovic has 2 years left. 18/19 and 19/20. Kristian is only 19. So his ELC will slide if he plays in the AHL this year, unless he plays 10 or more NHL games. He's a June birthday so he will be 19 for the entire 18/19 season.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg

Laine-Scheifele-Wheeler
Connor-Little-Appleton
Tanev-Copp-Armia

I'd rather he plays under our coaches and systems in winnipeg. He will develop better here, plus he can adjust to NA game if need be. Ice time will be the same. Plus he will be recalled next year as he's our second most ready call up.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Roslovic has 2 years left. 18/19 and 19/20. Kristian is only 19. So his ELC will slide if he plays in the AHL this year, unless he plays 10 or more NHL games. He's a June birthday so he will be 19 for the entire 18/19 season.
Which is why he's playing here, thx for the explanation. He'll get 8-9 games in the show this year.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015

His contract would slide unless he plays 10 NHL games.
Roslovic has two years left on his ELC.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Which is why he's playing here, thx for the explanation. He'll get 8-9 games in the show this year.

Yeah it would be silly to play him anywhere else. If he plays well in TC he may get his games early. If not he gets sent down and may get some games at the end of the year. With his ELC sliding the only thing that makes sense is for him to play with the Moose and get used to the smaller ice.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Yeah it would be silly to play him anywhere else. If he plays well in TC he may get his games early. If not he gets sent down and may get some games at the end of the year. With his ELC sliding the only thing that makes sense is for him to play with the Moose and get used to the smaller ice.

I agree with smaller ice, but I mean it's really his decision.

By the way, I misread Rozzy's contract because my dyslexia has been bad as of recently. I also was unaware the changed the rules of the AHL contract and it only applies to European/NCAA 19-year-olds. The one I'm highly aware of is the fact you have to play one whole NHL season at 18.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I agree with smaller ice, but I mean it's really his decision.

By the way, I misread Rozzy's contract because my dyslexia has been bad as of recently. I also was unaware the changed the rules of the AHL contract and it only applies to European/NCAA 19-year-olds. The one I'm highly aware of is the fact you have to play one whole NHL season at 18.

I believe you still burn a year even at 18 if you play 10 games or more. Yamamoto is a good example. He got 9 games this year because if he played a 10th his ELC wouldn't slide.

Cap Friendly has a slide tool that explains the rules and even shows who is eligible of all 18/19 year olds that got NHL games.

Entry-Level Slide Candidates - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Laine-Scheifele-Wheeler
Connor-Little-Appleton
Tanev-Copp-Armia

I don't know why everybody thinks Vesalainen will play RW. But then I see you have Laine on the left so I guess it evens out.

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
He's not on the ice this AM. Wondering if he had a minor tweak from training

sashalaine

Apr 2, 2016
Helsinki
After watching that interview, I get the impression he is ultra competitive and a mean-streak kinda vibe from him. I dig it.
I agree. He's very competitive, hard-working, ambitious, honest and not afraid to voice out his goals. Some similarities with Laine's personality. Will be super fun to see how he'll develop in the next couple years.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Quick question now, the reporter(I believe Wiebe) asked(not quote for quote) “I know you’ve played all 3 Forward positions but which one fits you best?” Ofcoarse Vesalainen said LW but has he ever played Center before?

Nope, never.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad