At 20th Overall the Kings Select Rasmus Kupari

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003

Does this mean he may be coming over to play Juniors? I know he doesn't have to be signed to do that, but guys certainly don't sign very often just to stay over there.

I think it's because Europeans need to be signed by a particular date, but after his season in Europe ends, they can move him to the AHL.

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center

Does this mean he may be coming over to play Juniors? I know he doesn't have to be signed to do that, but guys certainly don't sign very often just to stay over there.

I hope they keep him over there and I think they said they would . Kempe stayed 1 year over in Sweden after being drafted then was brought over to the AHL

Reactions: KingTrouty

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Kings have loaned Kupari to Kärpät for the 2018-2019 season. - this is good news me thinks -

"We made an agreement with the Kings so that he can play in Oulu the entire season"

"We had a good talk with the player, agent and with the Kings, there were
no nay says about his playing for Kärpät.

"Here's an opportunity for the player to play in a big role.
Thru it, he can develop himself even more towards his NHL career".

Last edited:
Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Kings have loaned Kupari to Kärpät for the 2018-2019 season. - this is good news me thinks -

"We made an agreement with the Kings so that he can play in Oulu the entire season"

"We had a good talk with the player, agent and with the Kings, there were
no nay says about his playing for Kärpät.

"Here's an opportunity for the player to play in a big role.
Thru it, he can develop himself even more towards his NHL career".

Him playing there was the plan all along it seems, but the boldfaced is excellent to hear. Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: King Trouty

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
Patrick Laine's Liiga stats from his draft year:

Liiga4617163366
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Rasmus Kupari's Liiga stats this year:

Liiga2281119249
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Granted, Laine turned 18 in April that year...so he did that at 17. Kupari is 18 now and turns 19 in March. So not a fair comparison and
Laine has a top 5 in the world shot. But still pretty cool to see these numbers and what Futa says "he's growing up..." and the skating,
the play and the assists he saw. We've seen them and some goals too.

ZJames

Jan 4, 2011
Dont worry about it
The advertisements all over those jerseys look ridiculous. Hopefully the NHL doesn't adopt that practice anytime soon.

But between Vilardi (If he stays healthy), JAD, and Kupari, things are starting to look up for the Kings pipeline.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
Rasmus Kupari scored his 20th point last night! Mad Sweet. 26 pim and plus 10 as well.
Liiga 24 8 12 20 26 10
To gain some perspective on it...the year Kopitar was drafted he played that year in Sweden in the SEL. He had 20 points in 47 games. Hard to say if the SEL is better than Liiga...HOWEVER, like what Kupari is doing.
Kopitar's season in SEL after being drafted by Kings:
Södertälje SK 47 8 12 20 28 -12
EXACT SAME OFFENSIVE NUMBERS. 8 12 20. Kupari in 24 games...Kopi in 47 games. Twice as many games! The next year, Kopi had 20 goals 41 assists on the Kings.

Reactions: DoktorJeep

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Rasmus Kupari scored his 20th point last night! Mad Sweet. 26 pim and plus 10 as well.
Liiga 24 8 12 20 26 10
To gain some perspective on it...the year Kopitar was drafted he played that year in Sweden in the SEL. He had 20 points in 47 games. Hard to say if the SEL is better than Liiga...HOWEVER, like what Kupari is doing.
Kopitar's season in SEL after being drafted by Kings:
Södertälje SK 47 8 12 20 28 -12
EXACT SAME OFFENSIVE NUMBERS. 8 12 20. Kupari in 24 games...Kopi in 47 games. Twice as many games! The next year, Kopi had 20 goals 41 assists on the Kings.
Kupari could come in put up 40-45 pts, which would easily be 50ish in a more offensive club.. on a side note, this is why I want Prokhorkin here. He could easily put up 40 pts and we need that and from both if possible

redcard

System Poster
Mar 12, 2007
What hype ?

This the Kings board. :nod:

I do not see a of Kupari talk from neutral fans. Actually several Finnish hockey fans here do not like him.

I got a whiff of Surstromming once and it was enough for me to invalidate the opinions of anybody from that silly place.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Is the Kupari hype legit?

Too early to say, really. Will he score 20 points in 24 NHL games? I doubt it. Will he be a Swiss Army knife forward in the middle 6? Maybe. I don't expect a whole lot, but I think he's still a good pick.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I got a whiff of Surstromming once and it was enough for me to invalidate the opinions of anybody from that silly place.
Surströmming's Swedish.

Kupari's at 20 points in 24 games, which is very good production. Sebastian Aho scored 45 in 45 on the same team before entering NHL and ending up becoming a star player. Kärpät this season is the best team in Liiga by a country mile with the most goals scored by far, for what it's worth. Still, I'll admit it's better production than I was expecting out of him. He certainly has enough skill to perform in NHL because his skating and stickhandling are ridiculous. By all means, he should be tracking better than Kasperi Kapanen as an example.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Surströmming's Swedish.

Kupari's at 20 points in 24 games, which is very good production. Sebastian Aho scored 45 in 45 on the same team before entering NHL and ending up becoming a star player. Kärpät this season is the best team in Liiga by a country mile with the most goals scored by far, for what it's worth. Still, I'll admit it's better production than I was expecting out of him. He certainly has enough skill to perform in NHL because his skating and stickhandling are ridiculous. By all means, he should be tracking better than Kasperi Kapanen as an example.

giphy.gif

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Very encouraging to see his doing well on the other side of the pond but I will reserve judgement until he comes over to North America and see how he can adjust to the play over here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad