Prospect Info: At 17th Overall the Blues Select Zac Bolduc

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Better defensively and taller but two levels below Fabbri offensively. At this point he is a tier below Fabbri as a prospect. A ways to go.
Hopefully he will be more durable than Fabbri. Fabbri is a shadow of his former self at this point.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Last year was as productive as he's ever been and his underlying numbers look good in Detroit. Not sure where this is coming from
When I watched him he was completely unengaged in D zone and cheating for offense. Not the same guy who looked like burgeoning star before his injuries.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Fabbri also had an unsustainable high shooting % last season. Not a crazy amount, but it'll come down a bit. And, similar to when we were a garbage team, he's getting opportunities on a terrible Detroit team that he wouldn't normally get on a better team. Unfortunately due to his injuries, he'll never be the player he could've been.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Fabbri also had an unsustainable high shooting % last season. Not a crazy amount, but it'll come down a bit. And, similar to when we were a garbage team, he's getting opportunities on a terrible Detroit team that he wouldn't normally get on a better team. Unfortunately due to his injuries, he'll never be the player he could've been.
I am not sure I agree with the -he wouldn’t get opportunities- portion of the comment. Fabbri has now shown he can pace at about 50pts. He is an offensive catalyst and most teams could benefit from that kind of player unless they are stacked upfront.

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
I am not sure I agree with the “wouldn’t get opportunities” portion of the comment. Fabbri has now shown he can pace at about 50pts. He is an offensive catalyst and most teams could benefit from that kind of player unless they are stacked upfront.

see Lee Stempniak

Scored 27 goals when playing on the top line here.
Played third line everywhere else and never topped 20.

Reactions: Blueston

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I am not sure I agree with the -he wouldn’t get opportunities- portion of the comment. Fabbri has now shown he can pace at about 50pts. He is an offensive catalyst and most teams could benefit from that kind of player unless they are stacked upfront.
Better teams will have better top 6 players, reducing his role. Unless his defensive play has improved from when he was here, there will always be better offensive first and little defense forwards on good teams, and that's what his problem will be. Maybe on a team that doesn't really care about defense, but I see him as one of those 50ish point top 6 guys on a non-playoff team, and someone that struggles to find a role on a playoff team.

Reactions: Reality Czech

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
In his first two preseason games he put up 6 points, it is only preseason, but he is off to a good start.

Reactions: Blueston

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad