Prospect Info: At 16th Overall the Rangers Select Brennan Othmann

brians1128

Nov 1, 2016
2018 I wanted Drury there. And I had Thomas pretty high on the list there as well. I thought he brought excellent value as a second round pick.

If the medicals had given a little more comfort, I also really liked Lapierre in 2020.

And those are the exact 2 that came to my mind today

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
The Lindbom pick was crushing. Big whiff, there.

Passing on Akil Thomas, Filip Hållander and Jack Drury (to name a few) in favour of Olof Lindbom is a much bigger whiff than passing on Fyodor Svechkov (who I really liked), Zachary Bolduc and Chaz Lucius in favour of Brennan Othmann.

The Othmann pick is actually a good pick, with where he was selected. It wasn't a reach, it wasn't a crazy selection and you could definitely make a case for one of those 3 centers but on social media people are acting like this is our Bruins 2015 draft moment.

Reactions: duhmetreE

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Passing on Akil Thomas, Filip Hållander and Jack Drury (to name a few) in favour of Olof Lindbom is a much bigger whiff than passing on Fyodor Svechkov (who I really liked), Zachary Bolduc and Chaz Lucius in favour of Brennan Othmann.

The Othmann pick is actually a good pick, with where he was selected. It wasn't a reach, it wasn't a crazy selection and you could definitely make a case for one of those 3 centers but on social media people are acting like this is our Bruins 2015 draft moment.

they’re doing it here too.

Reactions: Shadowtron

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Is there zero chance of him succeeding?

His rights expire June 1st, 2022. He signed a deal with Kristianstads in the 2nd tier of pro hockey in Sweden. Not exactly the level where you want a 21-year old goalie prospect to play in an attempt to earn an ELC.

Lindbom has talent, but injuries really held him back unfortunately. I think there are 2 things involving Lindbom here:

1. He was not a good pick in the 2nd round for us because of what we needed, and who was still on the board.

2. He was still a talented goalie worthy of being the first one to get picked.

The subsequent injuries and struggles just amplified the displeasure of a fanbase who didn't like the pick from day 1 but Lindbom's situation reminds me a lot of Hugh Jessiman. His legacy will be largely determined by his injuries, rather than what could have been.

Reactions: duhmetreE

Blueblood9

Dec 11, 2011
Nashville, TN
This forum in a nutshell

This team is soft needs toughness and grit with skill

Drury gets Goodrow and signs him; forum: Hes to expensive these players should be drafted instead of signed because they get expensive

NYR draft a player with grit and skill and a motor that never quits the forum is pissed cause they didnt draft todays need in a player that is 4 yrs away

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
This forum in a nutshell

This team is soft needs toughness and grit with skill

Drury gets Goodrow and signs him; forum: Hes to expensive these players should be drafted instead of signed because they get expensive

NYR draft a player with grit and skill and a motor that never quits the forum is pissed cause they didnt draft todays need in a player that is 4 yrs away
Damn this is revisionist as hell

Center is a future need, too.

No one complained about getting goodrow, they laughed at his abhorrent contract in combination with other joke contracts and our shedding of buch who got an insanely reasonable deal in comparison.

I would say this post and the fact so many people liked it without thinking is this place in a nutshell

And I'm fine with this pick, I just think this post was a bit dishonest

Last edited:

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Seems like a good time to bump his thread in case anyone hasn't been following him in the prospects thread. After his 1+2 night tonight he has a line of 14-13-27 in 17 games. Perhaps most impressively, his team has scored just 59 times--meaning he has contributed on a whopping 46% of his team's goals. He really looks great out there each night.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00