Prospect Info: At 16th Overall the Calgary Flames Select Juuso Valimaki

isthatso

Jan 20, 2017
I think he reminds me more of Ekholm. His ceiling is a better offensive Ekholm.

I guess that Calgary won't be disappointed if he turns out like him, especially if he comes with more offensive output.

(Edit) Although, just saw that Ekholm is pacing for what, 50ish points. By far an outlier in his case, but I think that Valimaki could eventually have a 50pts career year.

Unless some saw him becoming a bonafide #1D.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
So good to see Vali back playing and they're giving him a boatload of ice-time.

Of all our prospects forward, defensive or goalie, I think this kid has the highest potential. #1 d-man potential, not in that Heiskanen, Makar tier, but still a #1 guy. Vali-Andersson will be our top pair in 3 years IMO if not sooner and they'll be dominant as f***.

Reactions: Basko34 and Mitts

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
I really hope the year off didn’t sidetrack his development too much. He looked great in 2019.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Ilves might have the best logo in sports

63B3D940-FF36-40C6-99D3-B003ADD6413F.jpeg

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
Holy smokes i didn't know he spoke English this well, you can barely tell there is any accent at all and i got a very good ear for it. It's really rare for a Finn to speak English so well with no accent.

Reactions: TychoFan

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
I dont really follow Liiga, but I just had to check the schedule and Ilves wont be playing in Helsinki region until March 2021. Too bad, I would have gone to a game just to see how he plays

and just in case if some of you were wondering, Ilves = Eurasian lynx

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Flamesfan62

Oct 21, 2016
Prince Edward Island
I honestly don't know, it was just a guess.

How have players coming out of this league done in the NHL vs players coming out of the AHL?
I have no idea, I just know it’s viewed as better. I can’t really go into detail on it. If I had to take a guess maybe because it’s more pro seasoned guys VS all the rookies and tweeners in the AHL?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad