Prospect Info: At 16th Overall the Calgary Flames Select Juuso Valimaki

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
still bitter about me saying Klimchuk won’t be an NHLer yet Kulak and Ferland will... who was the poster that would mock me for no end for having those opinions? I’m Trying to remember... :laugh: it’s been what? 4 years. Lol get over it.
I mock you because you make up things when you guess whether or not prospects will be NHLers. Your whole Klimchuk can't skate excuse exposed you for that

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Impressed at Dev camp, I’d like to see one year in the AHL where he gets increasing responsibility throughout the year. He may challenge for a roster spot in September though. Left side looks good for a long time with Hanifin/Valimaki after Gio

I hope we keep our first rounder for 2019 and draft one of Soderstrom or a dream sent Honka.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
I read on CP, that according Brad Trevling, Juuso Valimaki has been working out like crazy and now weigh 235 pounds. We will have to wait until training camp to see how he looks.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
I read on CP, that according Brad Trevling, Juuso Valimaki has been working out like crazy and now weigh 235 pounds. We will have to wait until training camp to see how he looks.

Hopefully if that's true he didn't over-bulk and lose foot speed. I would be surprised if he could carry 235 without being significantly taller.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Hopefully if that's true he didn't over-bulk and lose foot speed. I would be surprised if he could carry 235 without being significantly taller.
He was listed at 6'2, 205 on elite prospects, 6'2, 204 on the Flames website. I just don'r see him packing on 30 pounds through a playing season and a couple summer months. I think even 215 would be a stretch since over the course of a season a player will usually drop some weight because their gym time is reduced.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008

It was being discussed on CP and someone wrote 235 pounds(I am pretty sure I did not misread it), maybe the person heard wrong but they wrote 235 pounds.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
There was a great thread last offseason about Drouin's "15lbs muscle gained" during summer. One guy even claimed that it is possible because he put up 15lbs during summer and his body fat % was the same before and after, so it was all muscle that he got :laugh:

I mean it's not impossible to gain 20lbs during the summer, just drink a case of beer everyday and eat few pizza's + lay around doing nothing.

Reactions: Blueston

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
It was being discussed on CP and someone wrote 235 pounds(I am pretty sure I did not misread it), maybe the person heard wrong but they wrote 235 pounds.

Conroy said at development camp that he was up to 215lbs.

Regardless if it is a typo or not Valimaki is coming to camp to literally take a starting spot in the line-up. IMO to take a spot he will have to show he is better on the PP than any other D-man and compete with Hanifin for the title of the #2 LD. To make the team he will have to show he is a significant upgrade on Kulak.

I have a funny feeling the kid does it. His dedication to improving every facet of his game over the last 12 months is amazing. He may be the best defense prospect that did not play in the AHL or NHL last year.

If he does not make the team he will be the last cut. Kylington will be sent down before Valimaki.

Reactions: Ippenator

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
Not to mention gaining 30 pounds of muscle in the summer is literally impossible.

Valimaki is definitely not at 235

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
If Valimaki gained 35 pounds we should be worried because the only way that’s true is if Rasmus Andersson became his dietitian.

Andersson: So uh Joey, I suggest you eat lots and lots of meat, butter, and eggs! It's not bad for you at all, I'm a credible dietitian after all! See this picture that I drew of me at the university of insert good health name!

Reactions: InfinityIggy

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Andersson: So uh Joey, I suggest you eat lots and lots of meat, butter, and eggs! It's not bad for you at all, I'm a credible dietitian after all! See this picture that I drew of me at the university of insert good health name!
Do you seriously think meat and eggs are a problem? You should have gone with lots of cake, potato chips, fast food and soft drinks. As a fat man, I know the ins and outs to gaining weight.

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Do you seriously think meat and eggs are a problem? You should have gone with lots of cake, potato chips, fast food and soft drinks. As a fat man, I know the ins and outs to gaining weight.

Eh there's a ton of people that get overweight from eating meat, dairy, and eggs as they aren't the most nutrient dense foods. But I do agree fast food is worse. Still most fast foods has meat, eggs, and dairy.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Eh there's a ton of people that get overweight from eating meat, dairy, and eggs as they aren't the most nutrient dense foods. But I do agree fast food is worse. Still most fast foods has meat, eggs, and dairy.
The problem is the grease more than the meat. Meat is bad when it bathes in it's own juices. Eggs are bad when you cook them in butter (grease) or with cheese (grease). Not sure why you mentioned dairy, I never suggested it was good for you.

Eggs are actually good for you, they are pretty low in calories and they have good cholesterol. As long as you don't cook them with a shit load of cheese or in a vat of butter they are one of the better breakfast foods as they are also high in protein.

Meat is also not bad for you for similar reasons, yes red meats need to be eaten in moderation, but a lean home cooked steak, is still good for you. Especially for athletes, they will have very high protein diets (unless they are vegan)

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
The problem is the grease more than the meat. Meat is bad when it bathes in it's own juices. Eggs are bad when you cook them in butter (grease) or with cheese (grease). Not sure why you mentioned dairy, I never suggested it was good for you.

Eggs are actually good for you, they are pretty low in calories and they have good cholesterol. As long as you don't cook them with a **** load of cheese or in a vat of butter they are one of the better breakfast foods as they are also high in protein.

Meat is also not bad for you for similar reasons, yes red meats need to be eaten in moderation, but a lean home cooked steak, is still good for you. Especially for athletes, they will have very high protein diets (unless they are vegan)

Actually vegans are proven to have more protein in their system than non-vegans. Now I get that non-vegan food like chicken breasts especially is more protein dense than the vegan options (Seeds, nuts, and legumes (Plus the protein isn't destroyed when cooking said chicken), but it's actually not difficult at all to get protein for a hockey player on a vegan diet, let alone for an average office worker (Who will never be on a protein deficiency on a standard 2,000 calorie diet, unless they have said diseases). Besides, healthy versions of meat are really hard to get at least in Toronto if you're not rich. Pretty much every available meat to the middle class here is pumped with hormones and fed bs, so it's terrible for you if you eat too much (Which surprisingly enough is what a ton of people do). Maybe it's different out in Alberta since the farms are there.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Actually vegans are proven to have more protein in their system than non-vegans. Now I get that non-vegan food like chicken breasts especially is more protein dense than the vegan options (Seeds, nuts, and legumes (Plus the protein isn't destroyed when cooking said chicken), but it's actually not difficult at all to get protein for a hockey player on a vegan diet, let alone for an average office worker (Who will never be on a protein deficiency on a standard 2,000 calorie diet, unless they have said diseases). Besides, healthy versions of meat are really hard to get at least in Toronto if you're not rich. Pretty much every available meat to the middle class here is pumped with hormones and fed bs, so it's terrible for you if you eat too much (Which surprisingly enough is what a ton of people do). Maybe it's different out in Alberta since the farms are there.
You really dispelled nothing I said. I'm not sure why I bother to engage with you. I'm finished wasting my time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad