Prospect Info: At 119th overall the Chicago Blackhawks select D Roope Laavainen

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
No Indian currency thank you. I think the e at the end may be silent. Just a guess.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Wasvhecacsaviourjon even ranked by Central Scouting?I do not think I saw him on their list ..this must be a special steal plucked off by our scouts if nobody else had him in rankings ...perhaps our guys found a hidden gem?

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Any ideas if this fine specimen will play in the AHL next year? Or is it back to europe for him.
Back to Europe. Unless he has some miracle camp performance. There's too many D in Rockford now with Gilbert, Hillman, Carlsson and Tuulola coming in.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Any ideas if this fine specimen will play in the AHL next year? Or is it back to europe for him.

Back to Europe for FEL.

He needs to take a roster spot first with HPK and then we’ll see how he’ll progress. Probably talking about 2-3 year time table before he can make the jump to NA.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Wasvhecacsaviourjon even ranked by Central Scouting?I do not think I saw him on their list ..this must be a special steal plucked off by our scouts if nobody else had him in rankings ...perhaps our guys found a hidden gem?

Usually I speak fluent fiddy, but I’m drawing a blank here.

Reactions: migi

NJ Fan 12

Jun 23, 2020
Recently promoted to Liiga after point-per-game start in Mestis. Hawks must sign him following this season or lose his rights. Is that a possibility or have they already moved from him?

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Recently promoted to Liiga after point-per-game start in Mestis. Hawks must sign him following this season or lose his rights. Is that a possibility or have they already moved from him?
He would have to have an incredible Liiga season for the Hawks to sign him. Otherwise they'll probably let his rights expire.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois

I’m pretty sure they’ve moved on from him. Lots of prospect dmen depth. But who knows a big year might change their mine

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
I haven't seen any of him but I can't imagine he's in the Hawks plans right now. He's on his 5th Liga team since the Hawks draft him. I don't remember him getting much opportunity with the Finnish U20 team either.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Years of exposure and I love the mobile game where they give you like six letters and you spell out as many words as possible.
200.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad