Line Combos: Assuming Paille is out

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
so did mark savard

Careful all.

I hope they are careful.

Danny Paille was less than 2 feet away from me when they assisted him through the tunnel...his eyes were rolling around and he really couldn't walk. I think he had more than the wind knocked out of him.

I am no Dr....I hope he is OK and it looked worse than it was. It made me very sad seeing him like that.

zaYG

Nerevarine
Jun 29, 2012
Santa Cruz, CA
justin_florek_boston.jpg

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
The Bruins had such a great season but I thought this last week and a half was a giant pile of ****. Kind of put a damper on things for me. Seems like there were more injuries in the last 2 weeks than the rest of the season.
I can't see how Paille can return any time soon. I would think it would jeopardize his career at this point.
If an exciting youngster steps in, I might find a silver lining here. But it will likely be Caron and Caron will never be half the player Paille is. Blah.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I`ll wager Florek will be part of that Black Aces group, and if JC can`t fit in on the 4th, he`ll (Florek) will get his opportunity.

In no way, shape or form do I want to see #20 out there unless he isn`t truly 100%, how many concussions this season now? 2/3?

Such a key player, but I`m more concerned about DP moving forward.

Confound

Vindication
Oct 28, 2010
Maine
My heart skips a beat when Caron is on the ice in a scoring opportunity, guy is a worse finisher than Paille.

This sucks that Paille is out, his PK and speed is useful and it pisses me off that a guy like Caron is going to be dressed and not contribute to the team's success in anyway. :laugh:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
if Paille is back on the ice in a week skating we have our answer- mild concussion; or if on the ice this week- no concussion. If he is not on the ice in a 8 days or so he starts losing conditioning and of course the brain injury is the concern.

Hockeywise, Claude will not trust any line that has Caron and Thornton, and the Bruins depth advantage is gone out the window. The depth is all about Paille-Campbell.

I'm hoping Boston gets by Detroit and Paille has nothing or a mild ding and will be back for round 2

BeardBros

Everything hurt more
Jun 10, 2009
Chia needs to find a way to dump Caron in the offseason. Otherwise he will continue to impede the progress of better NHL prospects. But for now not much choice.

I choose option B- Paille returns to full health and plays by the second series of postseason.

They can just let him walk if it comes down to it. He's RFA at seasons end. While it would suck to end up with nothing for a 1st rounder, it is an option.

don

Aug 31, 2002
Nashua, NH
Is everyone forgetting about Lindblad and Fraser? Personally I'd play Caron but I think those two should be in the conversation.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
if Paille is back on the ice in a week skating we have our answer- mild concussion; or if on the ice this week- no concussion. If he is not on the ice in a 8 days or so he starts losing conditioning and of course the brain injury is the concern.

Hockeywise, Claude will not trust any line that has Caron and Thornton, and the Bruins depth advantage is gone out the window. The depth is all about Paille-Campbell.

I'm hoping Boston gets by Detroit and Paille has nothing or a mild ding and will be back for round 2

Scary post. I agree.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Yes,it is definitely a blow if Paille is gone for an extended period but it shouldn't be a devastating blow against Detroit.If the Bruins can't defeat Detroit with the roster they have ,despite Paille's absence ,a Stanley Cup isn't in the cards this year.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
‏@ESPNJoeyMac

Julien tells reporters in New Jersey that Paille is doing great and is listed as day to day.

...how the hell?

I'm not going to argue. :laugh: That's fantastic. Paille would be a HUGE loss. He's not just a 4th liner by any stretch of the imagination.

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site
Its hard to believe so many people would rather plug a kid from Prov. With pretty much zero NHL experience into the Stanley Cup Playoffs.... on the 4th line no less..... over a defensively responsible player with NHL experience whos been with the team and playing.

This isn't the first week or f the season were you give some kid that looked good in camp a shot to see how he does..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad