Line Combos: Assuming Paille is out

acr*

What would you rather see for a playoff lineup?

Jordan Caron on the 4th line, or 7 d-men?

I'd honestly go the latter route, we can fill that 4th line spot in many ways, everyone from Bergy, Krejci, Smith, Loui, Yeti, or Kelly could easily double it, and as a result we can protect Krug and hold him back at even strength(or give him a couple shifts at wing).

I know it's virtually inevitable that this will turn into another bash Caron thread, we have enough of those, but it's not the intention. I just want to prompt discussion on what would be the best lineup for the playoffs without Paille.

acr*

Ah, I should've left open a third option for the poll that is "Call up Spooner/Florek/Someone". But I think given things have gone all year that it's going to be Caron or a D-man.

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
Bruins roll four lines, that's what they do. You won't see them going 7 D anytime soon. It's gonna be Caron, can't say I'm thrilled but it is what is. Claude is comfortable with him for whatever reason.

member 96824

The lines as I see them opening night:

i
-
i
-
i

i
-
i
-
i

i
-
i
-
i

i
-
i
-
i

Cid

Jan 9, 2007
Canada
Our system is built on running 4 lines. You will see Caron in Paille's spot.

I personally would have Kelly fill the 4th line roll, and let Johnson or Spooner up on that 3rd line.

But that's just me. You have a week to get a guy comfortable on either of those lines. I honestly don't think anyone can be any less effective than Caron has been his entire career.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
It'll definitely be Caron. Why would it be anything other than that? It's what Claude has been doing most of the season. The Bs will be fine if Caron has to fill in for Paille. He's been playing pretty decent hockey lately and doesn't hurt the team most of the time when he's on the ice. And no, I'm not a VIP member of the Caron fan club, just a junior member which nets me a nifty 38 car decal.

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
Robbie Ftorek is back playing hockey????? :amazed::laugh:

I think you mean Florek.

Haha, brother if you only knew how many times I spelled his name wrong and I keep forgetting it every time. But thanks for correcting me and GO BRUINS!!!

acr*

If this were any other year, I'd say the 4-line system would stick, but we've been rotating 7 NHL quality D-men all year, it might benefit us to use them all.

Ozamataz Buckshank

Oct 7, 2010
Massachusetts
It'll definitely be Caron. Why would it be anything other than that? It's what Claude has been doing most of the season. The Bs will be fine if Caron has to fill in for Paille. He's been playing pretty decent hockey lately and doesn't hurt the team most of the time when he's on the ice. And no, I'm not a VIP member of the Caron fan club, just a junior member which nets me a nifty 38 car decal.

Just like the Bruins were fine with Daugavins last year?

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I would rather not see Caron but I've already accepted that's who's gonna be there until Paille gets back. There's just no way I see Claude deciding to go with a guy who's played 3 games for this team, no matter how good he looked.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
No way I'd go with 7 D. It just isn't needed, regardless of the surplus at the position.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad