OT: Assorted Other Sports Thread

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Bit of a hiccup with that Serena comeback attempt but Andreescu kept her cool. A well deserved triumph.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cosmix and DrEasy

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
And she's won. First Grand slam win by a Canadian single player ever (correct me if I'm mistaken)

From CBC

Bianca Andreescu has become the first Canadian to win a Grand Slam singles title.
The 19-year-old from Mississauga, Ont., beat the legendary Serena Williams 6-3, 7-5 in the U.S. Open women's final in New York.
Williams, who at 37 is nearly twice Andreescu's age, was playing for her 24th Grand Slam singles title, which would have tied Margaret Court's all-time record.

Congrats Bianca!!

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
I mean, wouldn't that be the easiest case of collusion ever?

Wouldn't put it past them, they've cheated before and will again

Yeah I would think it would be incredibly easy to prove if true. Also wouldn’t put it past the Pats though - they’ve always been brazen.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Pat's are scum. Wouldn't put it past them to do more cheating. Robbed the Rams out of a Super Bowl in 2001.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

confusedwat.png

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
This Lions-Cards game is something else, Murray has looked unreal this quarter after looking shell shocked the first 3.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
This Lions-Cards game is something else, Murray has looked unreal this quarter after looking shell shocked the first 3.
That was a super fun game to join in the fourth. Murray is legit. Lots of passes getting batted down at the line but he'll learn. I got Kirk and Fitz in a few leagues so that's exciting.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Pats must be on a super bowl hangover or the found a way to cheat past the Steelers. AFC east should be their's again.

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire
Pats must be on a super bowl hangover or the found a way to cheat past the Steelers. AFC east should be their's again.

I don't even want to imagine what they're going to do to the poor Dolphins next week with Brown in. And fully aware they've struggled in Miami in the past.

Their defense looks like one of the best in the league and they don't exactly have a murderer's row of a schedule, I'd be surprised if they're worse than 13-3 by year end if the big pieces stay healthy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad