OT: Assorted Other Sports Thread

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
And then follow that up with a first-and-goal at the five the next drive and calling all pass plays, to boot. Some really strange play-calling by Kitchens.
He's the only guy I've seen in the last 10 years or so not try to cover his mouth while play calling. I'd have my lip readers on the side line for Browns games for sure. Might not need them though given the trash he calls and how long Baker holds into the ball.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Well, Canada did not have the best of entries into the Rugby World Cup, lost to Italy 48:7

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Rugby Canada has been killing men's rugby for years.

It's really in a bad state these days.

Sad to hear, I had always thought rugby had a pretty good tradition in Canada. At least I remember it being one of the few sports that high schools had official teams in

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
Sad to hear, I had always thought rugby had a pretty good tradition in Canada. At least I remember it being one of the few sports that high schools had official teams in

The focus on sevens has hurt, and Canada has never figured out how to adjust to professionalism.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Tony Romo shot a 70 at the Safeway open, tied for 28th ahead of guys like Justin Thomas and Phil Mickleson

Never made the cut after finishing +4

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Everyone's been eager to call Goff a system QB, in over his head, the byproduct of McVay's playcalling... this week was the first where he actually lived up to that reputation. Sure the O-line let him down several times over, but there were a few MASSIVE overthrows that would have turned the tide of the game, and a few early game turnovers that dictated the pace. On the other hand, the blame doesn't lie all at his feet... defensive backs got burned all game, the mysterious lack of a running game was a headscratcher (no Malcolm Brown or Darrell Henderson?!), and Jameis + Godwin definitely balled out.

There's a lot to clean up here and, with a shallow O-line pool and an insistence on preserving Gurley, it's going to be rough sledding. NFC West is wide open again.

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire
The Bucs are one of those teams probably more than any other right now that you just don't know what you're going to get. They could come out hot and keep up with just about any team in the league. Or they could come out cold and lose to just about any team. And those uniforms, bleh, they make the Sens 3D jerseys look like a work of art. Love that Evans / Godwin duo though. What a nightmare for DBs.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Jeeeez, the NFL actually put on their big-boy pants and issued a suspension that actually matters to Burfict.

Good. The fewer players like Vontaze Burfict in the league, the better.

Reactions: OD99

Emerica

May 29, 2010
Jeeeez, the NFL actually put on their big-boy pants and issued a suspension that actually matters to Burfict.

Good. The fewer players like Vontaze Burfict in the league, the better.

100% gonna get appealed and 100% gonna get shortened, but I like that it shows they're willing to dish out proper punishment. Shouldn't take that many strikes but whatever, progress I guess.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
What a rollercoaster weekend in fantasy. Fournette rushes for 200+ on my bench and I come back from a 15 point deficit to win on Monday night thanks to Andy Dalton being allergic to prime time.

GrantLemons

Church of FYOUS
Feb 3, 2013
Ottawa, ON
100% gonna get appealed and 100% gonna get shortened, but I like that it shows they're willing to dish out proper punishment. Shouldn't take that many strikes but whatever, progress I guess.

Absolutely. It's disgusting how often you see helmet on helmet hits where a guy gets seriously hurt. After having just watched League of Denial (doc on NFL/CTE), it's seriously insane to me that these guys are still hitting like this.

Totally agree with the zero tolerance here. Should be a precedent going forward. It's a conscious decision to lead with the head or tackle a guy super late (there was a brutal late helmet on helmet hit in the Thursday night game), and if it results in a head on head it should be auto suspension.

There's no need place hitting like that in 2019 with what we now know about head injuries and their long term effects.

GrantLemons

Church of FYOUS
Feb 3, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Hopefully that rule doesn't apply to anyone in a decent FF league. If Fournette is one of your 'studs' you're probably toast.

Well he was a disaster last year due to injury so his ADP slipped, but the year prior he was absolutely a stud, and he looks to be trending back to his 2017 form.

To each their own, but there's no way in hell I'm leaving him on my bench when healthy (unless you're in an 8 team league or something). Guy is a freak, and if he's getting the volume he's going to go off like he did Sunday.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Hopefully that rule doesn't apply to anyone in a decent FF league. If Fournette is one of your 'studs' you're probably toast.

He was drafted as RB ~12-15 and had n ADP in the ~30-33 range. He was absolutely being drafted as a stud. He's probably not, and I certainly don't have any shares of him for that very reasons, but that doesn't change the fact he was someone in every leagues 2nd-4th round pick.

In theory you always play LF, in practice it's more up for debate.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
Fournette is a must start in all formats.

I definitely learned my lesson. And now with the Austin Ekeler dream coming to an end (RIP) he’ll never sit on my bench again.

Carson looking better this week as well.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

I'm in a 14 team league with 2 RB slots and a RB/WR flex spot as well.

You should see some of the RBs being started in my league. Fournette looks like the second coming of Barry Sanders compared to some of the guys getting started by a few teams who went WR-heavy during their drafts.

Reactions: OD99 and Smash88

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire
He pissed me off the week before and I gambled on the Demarcus Robinson juju.

Won’t happen again.

Blame Minshew for that. And keep playing Fournette haha.

Also Foligno, Fournette is pacing out to have over 50 catches, he rarely leaves the field, and is 3rd in the NFL in rush yards. Hasn't produced a clunker yet even though he hasn't even scored a TD yet. Id be curious to see what else you'd need to call him a stud!

Last edited:

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I'm in a 14 team league with 2 RB slots and a RB/WR flex spot as well.

You should see some of the RBs being started in my league. Fournette looks like the second coming of Barry Sanders compared to some of the guys getting started by a few teams who went WR-heavy during their drafts.
Yeah, I went heavy WR in my 12 team PPR auction so I can understand that. Managed to grab Ingram as my main RB. Been kinda stashing and streaming RBs. Played Darrell Williams this week, so that worked out. I'll probably play him again if Damien Williams doesnt come back against the Colts but I got Ronald Jones stashed away too and I feel like he's finally grabbed that #1 job in Tampa with 14 carries in week three the 19 against the Rams. Looked good every week. The Damien Williams owner in my league is spooked and is willing to deal him to me for Jones. Kinda wanna take it since I can handcuff him with my other Williams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad