Assistant GM Mike Santos relieved of duties effective immediately

SeasonTicket

Sep 5, 2006
I can't remember but did he get us out of Rochester and into SA or did he come after the move.

Either way I understand the frustration RampageNate is expressing but we are miles ahead of where we were in Rochester.

A lot of the issues in SA are part and parcel to the issues in Sunrise.

NHL team sucks, trades away players at deadline, calls up AHL replacements, SA takes the kick in the teeth, Fans of neither AHL or NHL are happy. Rinse and repeat.

Looks like Santos was given order to trim down SA at the deadline as well with all those moves.

SeasonTicket

Sep 5, 2006
Santorelli had that shoulder surgery he really didn't recover from while he was here. Looks like he fully healed last summer and came back as a useful player. Too bad it looks like he had to have another major surgery this season.

There was a two year period there. If the shoulder surgery was in the 1st of KD reign then he never found his way in the 2nd year as well were he was probably healthy. Last year he was completely given up on. Couldn't trade him, waived him, no takers. Finally traded him at deadline to Winnipeg I believe and then he signed with the Canucks. Nice to see him rebound but now as you say he's hurt again.

CoolburnIsGone

I can't remember but did he get us out of Rochester and into SA or did he come after the move.

Either way I understand the frustration RampageNate is expressing but we are miles ahead of where we were in Rochester.

A lot of the issues in SA are part and parcel to the issues in Sunrise.

NHL team sucks, trades away players at deadline, calls up AHL replacements, SA takes the kick in the teeth, Fans of neither AHL or NHL are happy. Rinse and repeat.

Looks like Santos was given order to trim down SA at the deadline as well with all those moves.
Santos was in fact hired in July of 2010 and the new affiliation with San Antonio was done at the end of June of 2011. So yes he was involved (at least as part of the org) when the affiliation switch occurred.

http://www.ontheforecheck.com/2010/7/1/1547260/preds-director-of-hockey

http://theahl.com/rampage-panthers-ink-affiliation-deal-p171462

RCDeltaFixer

Mar 15, 2014
Anything but praise? I know it wasn't exactly his fault but Thomas posted around a 0.900 % and a 2.90 GAA. Luongo is a much better goalie at the moment, and gives this team with a bad defense a chance to win next season. Thomas, at his rate now, absolutely did not offer that.

Exactly my point. Its crazy to think how nervous I was with Thomas in net compared to Luongo, with the same horrible D in front of them.

Been there

Jan 12, 2014
This is interesting. Feel bad for Santos, guy worked his arse off with very little support. Guess Dale will have to put away the golf clubs for awhile and cut back on the vacations.

SufferingCatFan

Apr 6, 2008
fort lauderdale
We have new owners, who are in the process of changing personnel and business practices from top to bottom.

I am frankly surprised that Tallon did not get the axe, but apparently he has impressed Viola.

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
This is complete speculation, which is probably nothing more than garbage, but I wonder if the fact that he negotiated contracts is the reason why he is going? Maybe Tallon plans to spend big in FA and Santos was against it?

Jan 19, 2006
We have new owners, who are in the process of changing personnel and business practices from top to bottom.

I am frankly surprised that Tallon did not get the axe, but apparently he has impressed Viola.

Seems that way.

Axing Yormark is such an overwhelming positive, that I'll have to give them the benefit of the doubt on this one.

Been there

Jan 12, 2014

Very astute!!! I wouldn't go so far on the last thought.

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
Ah! how cute… Mrs Santos…

You need a source to see the obvious? Maybe glasses or common sense would serve you better.

Dale already misses Viner. Job gets tougher when someone actually has expectations and holds you responsible.

BTW, who's blueprint was it anyway????

Not all of us all lucky enough to work in the offices with the Panthers management staff so that we know all the goings on like you I guess.

Pantherfan12

Jun 26, 2006
Sunrise,Florida
Not all of us all lucky enough to work in the offices with the Panthers management staff so that we know all the goings on like you I guess.

You really think he works for the organization?
If I worked for the organization and had inside info on what goes on from day to day, I wouldn't come onto a chat boards with a bunch of fans, who have no real factual evindence of anything, and debate and argue about what goes on behind closed doors. Why waste the time?
Plus, why would he come onto the boards to check up on the team if he actually worked for them and had all the info before it's posted or reported by beatwriters?

WESEERED

#CatsAreComing
Apr 20, 2012
You really think he works for the organization?
If I worked for the organization and had inside info on what goes on from day to day, I wouldn't come onto a chat boards with a bunch of fans, who have no real factual evindence of anything, and debate and argue about what goes on behind closed doors. Why waste the time?
Plus, why would he come onto the boards to check up on the team if he actually worked for them and had all the info before it's posted or reported by beatwriters?

might want to fix your sarcasm detector.....

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Been there View Post
This is interesting. Feel bad for Santos, guy worked his arse off with very little support. Guess Dale will have to put away the golf clubs for awhile and cut back on the vacations.

I noticed you didn't question the golf reference because we all know he likes his golf so I guess we can give that one to Mrs. Santos.

Yea Dales a O.O so ill concede that lol

LUUUUUIS

Nov 2, 2011
Florida
I think Travis Viola VP of Hockey Operations is safe. :sarcasm: Everybody else should be scared.

Wolfman.jpg

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
With the way some teams have hired former team legends to high positions; wild guess, Beezer.

CoolburnIsGone

Friedman's last 30 thoughts said Scott Luce may be promoted.
If thats true, then I'm calling BS on Tallon's quote/reasoning for firing Santos (Dale Tallon wants to go in 'different direction'). Luce would essentially be more of the same "direction" that we've already gone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad