Assistant GM Mike Santos relieved of duties effective immediately

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
Santos Relieved of Duties

George Richards @GeorgeRichards
#FlaPanthers have relieved assistant GM Mike Santos of his duties effective immediately. Dale Tallon wants to go in 'different direction'

With Dale Tallon scouting, former AGM Mike Santos was with #FlaPanthers during recent west coast trip. Told about job Tuesday morning.

Dale Tallon brought AGM Mike Santos in for second tour w/ #FlaPanthers in 2010. Had been hockey ops/counsel w/ FLA and DHOps w/ Preds

That's completely out of nowhere

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
@GeorgeRichards: #FlaPanthers have relieved assistant GM Mike Santos of his duties effective immediately. Dale Tallon wants to go in 'different direction'

I wonder if that has to do with SA's sucsess as well. Bit of a surprise.

Panthersfan1989

Feb 24, 2013
S. Florida
@GeorgeRichards: #FlaPanthers have relieved assistant GM Mike Santos of his duties effective immediately. Dale Tallon wants to go in 'different direction'

I wonder if that has to do with SA's sucsess as well. Bit of a surprise.

Lol the Panthers have all of the rampages PLAYERS!!!! Is robbie Tallas next?:sarcasm:

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Say goodbye to Horachek

That's exactly what this means. Harvey is tweeting about what may have led to this decision:

Harvey Fialkov ‏@hfialkov 1m

Santos didn't agree with the Panthers bringing up young players from AHL. Felt that G Jacob Markstrom was mishandled. #FlaPanthers

Harvey Fialkov ‏@hfialkov 2m

Santos was on West Coast trip while Tallon scouted college kids. I recently inquired about Santos and was told it was Tallon's decision.

RCDeltaFixer

Mar 15, 2014
Woah... What does this mean? Dale must be really dedicated to whatever direction he's going in.

Aksu

all hail Barky
Nov 10, 2013
Florida
Santos: "dale, i dont think the higher end f/a would want to sign here so i think we should try to get guys like redmond, scott, regin, etc."
Tallon: " NO! WE WILL GO FOR VANEK, MOULSON, CALLAHAN, VRBATA, GABORIK, AND MILLER FOR BACKUP!"
Santos: "Dale... Lets be realis-"
Tallon: "GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE!"

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
mark%20messier.jpg

I HAVE A DREAM

Erick*

I know that the Rampage have failed, but I actually thought that Santos was doing a good job. Granted, I don't know exactly what his job was. However, if he was in charge of AHL trades, it seems like he got good value on a lot of those.

You can't blame Santos for the Rampage's failures, imo. Much like how our NHL team gets even worse with injuries, those same injuries impact the AHL team, as well.

Clearly, Santos priority was the Rampage and Tallon sees the Rampage as nothing more than a farm team, which is the way it should be.

Also, if Santos was on Markstrom's side, I'm glad he's gone. Without the Luongo trade, there would be no reason to watch the Panthers right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00