Assistant coaches - who's it gonna be. Place your bets

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
When is rookie camp? That may be a good idea of a deadline for when we see these assistants hired.

Don't think they've released the schedule yet...but my god, I need some news. Sitting here waiting to here about the rest of the coaching staff and another potential trade from Chayka is sort of killing me right now :(

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
Don't think they've released the schedule yet...but my god, I need some news. Sitting here waiting to here about the rest of the coaching staff and another potential trade from Chayka is sort of killing me right now :(

The basics for the rookie camp are available now (there's also a rookie camp thread).

Camp begins 9/7-9/8, rookie tournament 9/9-9/12.

Linky link

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Who is ******** on Doan? I love Doan. He is not a coach. I don't think he would be a good coach. I don't think he wants to be a coach. I think he's done traveling and being away from home.

Well, it looks as if he intends to play on...if he only wants to play the homegames then it might be difficult to get a new contract. Don't you think? :sarcasm:

Shane Doan thinks hockey very well. He never was a gifted player...he enjoyed a great career because of his dedication and a very high hockey IQ. I can't think of a reason why he wouldn't be a great coach.

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
Well, it looks as if he intends to play on...if he only wants to play the homegames then it might be difficult to get a new contract. Don't you think? :sarcasm:

Shane Doan thinks hockey very well. He never was a gifted player...he enjoyed a great career because of his dedication and a very high hockey IQ. I can't think of a reason why he wouldn't be a great coach.

You may not be wrong, he may be an excellent coach, but i highly doubt he ever does it. Such a family orientated man finally gets to retire after a 22 year career with hopes of spending time with his family, just to take a coaching gig and spend more multiples of years away from home on the road? Unlikely.

I think he plays one more year for a shot at the cup, retires after regardless. Becomes a stay-at-home Dad enjoying his time on the farm, with the possibility of re-visiting a minor career in hockey a couple years down the road.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad