LeBrun: Asking Price for Ekholm starts with 2x 1st Round Picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
Like I said, I don't have any real issue with you taking that stance. I think you'd have to watch all his games over a decade, you'd have to get to know his personality, and how the Predators use him and Josi, and none of that is at your disposal. So I understand. It's a subtle thing. I don't expect anybody else on a random hockey message board to know that much.

One thing I do allow, however, is that at 32 Ekholm's "persona" is a little more established and core to his likely path going forward. He COULD HAVE scored 0.7 ppg in the past, used differently, but I do not expect he would now change his approach and do that at any point going forward. On a team like Edmonton, he might still get 0.5 ppg. But the leopard will not suddenly change ALL of his spots back to "what could have been" at this point. So in that sense, the much younger Chychrun would still likely outscore him. Ekholm will still be a better player, however.

Good, the bolded above is all I was saying.

I jumped in because you started this convo by saying something completely different, ie
Chychrun does put more points on the board, but he's not actually as good a player. Ekholm on that team would put up similar points.

which still seems like nonsense (sounds like maybe now you agree). Anyway like you said just now, maybe Ek "COULD HAVE scored 0.7 ppg in the past" but neither one of us expects him to do it at any point going fwd, whereas Chychrun is certainly doing it now so is therefore a much better offensive option.

So no, if Ekholm were on the Yotes he would not be putting up similar points as Chychrun (which was the part this entire convo started with), like you said he might get 0.5ppg on EDM but that's not even close to 0.7ppg (ie what Chychrun is currently doing). Which you just said in last post. Thx for that.

Anyway, that point about different levels of offense is all I've been saying this entire time. Good convo

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Good, the bolded above is all I was saying.

I jumped in because you started this convo by saying something completely different, ie

Which still seems like nonsense (sounds like maybe now you agree). Anyway like you said just now, maybe Ek "COULD HAVE scored 0.7 ppg in the past" but neither one of us expects him to do it at any point going fwd, whereas Chychrun is certainly doing it now so is therefore a much better offensive option.

So no, if Ekholm were on the Yotes he would not be putting up similar points as Chychrun, like you said he might get 0.5ppg on EDM but that's not even close to 0.7ppg (ie what Chychrun is currently doing). Which you just said in last post.

And that is all I've been saying this entire time. Good convo
I think Ekholm on Arizona this season could have matched Chychrun. Whatever sad circumstance might have arisen that Ekholm might have gotten into that unfortunate situation. Since they have nobody else and he would have stepped up. But moving forward in Edmonton for the future, I agree Chychrun will score a little more, and Ekholm would nevertheless be a slightly superior fit to Edmonton's very specific needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad