LeBrun: Asking Price for Ekholm starts with 2x 1st Round Picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
In relation to some of the other prices teams have paid for lesser players, two 1sts at minimum sounds right.

Unfortunately for the competing teams it seems to be a sellers market this season.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
In relation to some of the other prices teams have paid for lesser players, two 1sts at minimum sounds right.

Unfortunately for the competing teams it seems to be a sellers market this season.

3 days ago everyone was saying it’s a buyer’s market. It’s awesome.

Reactions: Gardner McKay

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017

As it should be. The Preds have zero pressure to trade Ekholm. He's an absolute rock for us, so dependable, just a tower of strength for us. People look at his age and talk like he must be declining, but I don't see it. He just does his thing, every game, and heaven forbid we lose Josi, which we have a few times in the past, he does have another gear that he cranks up to in terms of putting our team on his back and playing like a true 1st pairing guy. Plus he mentors all our young D coming into the lineup. He is 100% worth his $6.25M. I would set the bar high, and not be the least bit disappointed if nobody wanted to meet that. Keeping him is a win for the Preds also.

Last edited:

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Why wouldn't it be? Very solid all around defenseman with a lot of term left. I think they should be asking for another substantial piece on top of that too.
It wouldn't surprise me if they are. I don't think they are looking to have a fire sale, and are content to remain semi-competitive, so any of these pieces will require a lot of incentive to part with.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Didn't they get McDonaugh for free a couple years ago, at a younger age and similar contract? I don't know if they will get the offer they are looking for.

Warh1ppy

Feb 14, 2018
Ekholm is worth 2 first round picks? Seriously?

Then Schenn is worth at least 1?

WTF is up with this trade deadline? Or is Poile/Trotz just throwing it down now and saying we're open but we aint cheap

Reactions: triggrman

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Why wouldn’t anyone just rather pay Chychrun?

Ekholm was great, but at 33y (this year) this is damm heavy price to pay
Ekholm doesn't have Chychrun's injury history and he has extensive playoff experience including a trip to the finals, plus he's only 32 not 39 he's worth his contract still.

If Edmonton gets him they get a top pairing defenseman better than Nurse who can fix their 25th ranked PK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad