Seravalli: Ask for Erik Karlsson is three first-round picks and Sharks will retain 18% of his contract.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I wouldn't give 2 1sts for only 18%.
Would you give 2 firsts or one+prospect to also dump contracts? I think that’s the big thing people miss. Sharks are just saying yep give us stuff and we will only take useful stuff! Like shit throw us your Tyson Barrie’s and Jessie Puljujarvi! Throw us your Nikita Zaitsev. Ottawa and Edmonton are the two biggest links thats why I used those players. We’d need to take contracts back both to make it fit for the other team and because we are pretty short on prospects who can step in and fill those shoes now.

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
You did however gave your 2 cents
Tends to happen in a hockey forum, yeah...
giphy.webp

Would you give 2 firsts or one+prospect to also dump contracts? I think that’s the big thing people miss. Sharks are just saying yep give us stuff and we will only take useful stuff! Like shit throw us your Tyson Barrie’s and Jessie Puljujarvi! Throw us your Nikita Zaitsev. Ottawa and Edmonton are the two biggest links thats why I used those players. We’d need to take contracts back both to make it fit for the other team and because we are pretty short on prospects who can step in and fill those shoes now.
🤣 Edmonton's not going near Karlsson.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
He got blown by*

He doesn't recognize that the threat is the puck carrier heading for a breakaway to the net, and instead stands back watching the point man ? That was the most pathetic stick check effort and doesn't even bother turning or skating to keep up with the guy

I'm not saying he could have played this better, but how is the puck carrier a threat heading for a breakaway"?

There was a dude literally in the middle of the ice blocking McAvoy's way - EK blocking the puck carrier's left side + being in the way of a pass to David Pastrnak

1674504291148.png

Can't do anything about the shitty quality, but explain me what the play was there? The puck was never on EK's side. Should he have double teamed McAvoy with his teammate, or poked through two pairs of skates to get the puck while McAvoy was deking EK's teammate?

If EK double teamed McAvoy, the easy play was to pass it back to Pastrnak, who would have had a wide open lane to the net.

Or maybe EK should have stayed lower? Again, Pastrnak would have had an open lane.

Maybe I'm completely wrong, but it seems like a play where McAvoy pulled a highlight-real move on EK's teammate and slithered through.

Last edited:

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
That’s not what Friedman and a few other insiders have said.
That was prior to the 6 game winning streak, and before some of our D started stepping up. He's too pricy, too old, and not what we need. Gavrikov however...that's the type of D we need. No one on HF Oil is clamoring for Karlsson, and no one in Oiler related media is looking at him as an option or even discussing him at this point - that ship has sailed.

Laugh all you want Groo. I'm just telling you how it is in Edmonton.

• Haha
Reactions: Groo

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
That was prior to the 6 game winning streak, and before some of our D started stepping up. He's too pricy, too old, and not what we need. Gavrikov however...that's the type of D we need. No one on HF Oil is clamoring for Karlsson, and no one in Oiler related media is looking at him as an option or even discussing him at this point - that ship has sailed.

Laugh all you want Groo. I'm just telling you how it is in Edmonton.
That’s definitely possible and I agree that he doesn’t make sense for Edmonton but just saying what people much more in the know than you and I reported.

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
That’s definitely possible and I agree that he doesn’t make sense for Edmonton but just saying what people much more in the know than you and I reported.
Those people "in the know" aren't connected to Edmonton like local media. It'd be like me quoting Bob Stauffer about what he says SJ is going to make for moves. It means jack and shite.

Friedman is going off of Holland calling everyone back in Dec. due to our struggles at that time - due diligence. Different story now.

We are currently the top scoring team in the league. We don't need an offensive D.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Those people "in the know" aren't connected to Edmonton like local media. It'd be like me quoting Bob Stauffer about what he says SJ is going to make for moves. It means jack and shite.

Friedman is going off of Holland calling everyone back in Dec. due to our struggles at that time - due diligence. Different story now.

We are currently the top scoring team in the league. We don't need an offensive D.
This whole thread stemmed from Stauffer talking out of his ass about the asking price. The three firsts came from him.

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
This whole thread stemmed from Stauffer talking out of his ass about the asking price. The three firsts came from him.
And when was that? Plus it was Seravalli. Bob was just parroting.

xoczar99ox

Oct 8, 2019
This is literally the first time I’ve heard this guys name since he left Ottawa. I don’t care how good he’s doing this year he ain’t getting three first round picks.

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
Early Jan(ish)
Zero chance at this point. Bouchard and Broberg have some of the best stats in the league as a pairing during these 6 games (against 3rd and 4th lines mind you), and it all started with us bringing up Vincent Desharnais.
We need another defensive minded top 4 who can hopefully take Kulak's spot.

Reactions: Gecklund

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Zero chance at this point. Bouchard and Broberg have some of the best stats in the league as a pairing during these 6 games (against 3rd and 4th lines mind you), and it all started with us bringing up Vincent Desharnais.
We need another defensive minded top 4 who can hopefully take Kulak's spot.
I mean I fully agree that Karlsson doesn’t make a ton of sense to EDM. It’s just what was reported. Also my main point was that we’d take back cap. Now I agree it won’t be 3 firsts but if we are taking back guys like Barrie (would be made useless by EK) and Pulju or you know the equivalent from other teams, it makes a lot more sense for other teams to be looking into him. I’m still of the belief EK will be a Shark next year.

Reactions: McBooya42

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I knew Grier came in with little hockey ops experience but this makes it seem like his only hockey ops experience was playing GM mode in the EA NHL series.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad