Aside from Crosby, which player has highest skill in league?

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
There were faster players. Take it from someone, or anyone who watched the NHL back then. He was up there, but was probably still not top 10 even.

I did watch the NHL back then, been watching since the early 90's and he was clocked as one of the fastest both in terms of explosiveness and top end speed. You can pretend he wasn't but that doesn't change the fact that he was.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
During the ASG?

No during regular season play. PowerScout did a feature on him as being the quickest player at the time to get to top speed and having the highest top end speed with the puck clocked out of anyone in the league. That doesn't mean there aren't faster players, there just wasn't anyone faster with the puck on their stick at that time. Which is really all that matters. Now that McDavid is in the league and Ovechkin has clearly lost a few steps he is no longer that type of player.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
I did watch the NHL back then, been watching since the early 90's and he was clocked as one of the fastest both in terms of explosiveness and top end speed. You can pretend he wasn't but that doesn't change the fact that he was.

So now it's one of. Before you literally said he was the fastest player in the league, he was not.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
No during regular season play. PowerScout did a feature on him as being the quickest player at the time to get to top speed and having the highest top end speed with the puck clocked out of anyone in the league. That doesn't mean there aren't faster players, there just wasn't anyone faster with the puck on their stick at that time. Which is really all that matters. Now that McDavid is in the league and Ovechkin has clearly lost a few steps he is no longer that type of player.

Yeah this is a different story, even though I still doubt it. Afinogenov was pretty damn fast with the puck on his stick in Ovechkin's first few years in the league.

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
I'm a Blues fan but I'm not blind.

The correct answer is Patrick Kane.

How quickly people forget....smh

Frosty415

Nov 27, 2009
415 to 519
McDavid 100%

4 points tonight, from 11th to 3rd in the league out of nowhere.

McJesus still has a chance, despite what people say

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad