Eklund Rumor: As per source: Nylander won't be back /// Leafs interested in Dumba

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
This is some E5 Gobbly Goop
Skeptical 2.gif

Reactions: HugeInTheShire

Miro4Norris

Jan 24, 2021
We have this Jeff Petry guy he's like Dumba on steroids and with a term. Petry<->SoftWilly would definitely fix your problems!

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Nylander is the easiest of the ones to move. Unless Matthews specifically states he wants out.

Package Nylander and Matt Murray to EDM for Jack Campbell and a Rock'em, Sock'em Don Cherry VHS tape.

Kibe

Regular User
Jan 17, 2012
Helsinki
How is everyone reading this as Nylander for Dumba's UFA rights? Is he really proposing that seriously? I tought it meant Nylander to team X for return Y and then use the cap space to sign Dumba.

Reactions: pman25

Conbon

Oct 4, 2016
London
Imagine the first thing the new Flames gm does when named is pull a Hanifin for Nylander swap

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
THe rumor clearly isn't suggesting a trade, but two different transcations. Move Nylander out for something, but also sign Dumba.

I think Dumba could thrive on a second pairing on the right team
Dumba has been playing top four for years in MN. Recently, they've had more of a 1a, 1b situation than a distinct 1st pairing. He was their best Dman after Brodin and Spurgeon, and has averaged over 22 minutes TOI over the past 5 years, good for 43rd in the league(top pairing minutes, by a good bit).

Reactions: Dirty Dog

mydnyte

Sep 8, 2004
How is everyone reading this as Nylander for Dumba's UFA rights? Is he really proposing that seriously? I tought it meant Nylander to team X for return Y and then use the cap space to sign Dumba.
what you said, but, i hope Dumba isnt a target, he isnt good enough on the defensive side, and likely costs too much too.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Nowhere does it say Nylander for Dumba. It says Nylander potentially won't be back, and they would like to add on defense, one of the targets is Dumba.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
So to be clear, Nylander moved to get defensive help. I understand so far. Then the Leafs are looking at Dumba who is a UFA. Don't get that. WTF is Ekland proposing the Leafs get back for Nylander?
I swear I hate the insider business.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
So to be clear, Nylander moved to get defensive help. I understand so far. Then the Leafs are looking at Dumba who is a UFA. Don't get that. WTF is Ekland proposing the Leafs get back for Nylander?
I swear I hate the insider business.

Nylander is in the rumours every year. I believe that it's just an "educated" guess since people assume that the Leafs will make a move to "shake things up".

Assumption being that Marner and Matthews are the two big pieces for the Leafs, with Tavares being more difficult to move than Nylander (and playing the premier position).

My guess would be that Eklund is waiving hands in the direction of Nylander for futures (or young player ready to step in), and Dumba. That'd make sense for the Leafs and free cap space.

One day he might be right, simply because it's rare that players play their whole career on one team.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Dumba is a mid 2nd pairing dman

Nylander is a very good top6 forward

Bad value.

Not to mention the idiot forgot to check Dumba’s contract status when fsbricating his rumor, he’s UFA.
Maybe they are trading Willy to get an option for an 8th year.

Offering Toronto their 2023 3rd is super generous - that’s some serious troll dust.
Not even a bag of pucks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad