Eklund Rumor: As per source: Nylander won't be back /// Leafs interested in Dumba

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
At the very least, and it is a very small thing, if you take the names out of it and think of it as moving a forward to shore up the blueline, then it makes sense.

Again, not Nylander for Dumba. Not that at all.
But if the Leafs do decide to break up the core four, anyone watching this team this post-season would agree that a d-man should be coming back. And a forward that can score in the playoffs, but one thing a time.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Nylander is the Leafs most tradeable piece. Not quite the hockey player as Matthews / marner but a much more palatable cap hit. I would imagine most teams around the league would have some interest.

Reactions: 57special

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Eklund lol.

IMG_7377.gif

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
THe rumor clearly isn't suggesting a trade, but two different transcations. Move Nylander out for something, but also sign Dumba.

I think Dumba could thrive on a second pairing on the right team

Reactions: shortfuze

Mar 26, 2010
Willy Nylander is the best swede forward in the NHL. This guy is a stud top line right wing, 40 goal scorer. Toronto absolutely has to find a way to get this guy signed. I would trade Marner before I trade Nylander.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
The reading comprehension of folks thinking that the article is saying Nylander for Dumba is downright concerning.
When you're not on HF being concerned for other people, what do you like to read?

What were you doing over the years to make your reading comprehension so superior?

• Haha
Reactions: wintersej

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Eklund might be the most reliable source for hockey trades and acquisitions.

Any idea he has will have a near 100% chance of not happening.

StewieP19

Dec 13, 2022
Do they change something in front office GM .. President ?
Owner need to release a commitment quickly to know if everyone will return.
If yes after we can talk about trade
If no they need to hire the GM or and President
They need to do it quickly due to the draft in 40 days
After we can talk about trade

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
For whatever it's worth.

There is a chance, likely not. Let's discuss this though.

"William Nylander is almost certain to be moved in the offseason. It’s just a matter of accounting and also an attempt to bring in some more on defense.

One of those names I have heard in Leaf circles preciously, and this morning, is Matthew Dumba. I have updated Dumba on the Rumor Chart twice today already…"
Dumba feels like the last type of player the Leafs should be targeting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad