Confirmed Trade: [ARZ/MIN] Hanzal (50%), White, 2017 4th FOR 2017 1st, 2018 2nd, 2019 4th*, G. Downing

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Arizona was asking a lot more than most on here are saying, my bet if it is Montreal it will be Hanzal and a depth D for one of Pateryn or Desharnais along with McCarron, 2017 1st and one of the habs 2018 2nd rd picks they have 3 of them. That would trump most offers from competitors I would say.

At those prices the Leafs better sell Bozak. I don't even care if we miss the playoffs or if we have to sell off Bozak within the division as a result, it's worth it if Hanzal can get that.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Don't see the hype. 41 points in his best season. Seems to miss a lot of games to injury.

Id say the best way to judge a 6'6 physical two way centerman is to base it on his point totals....

At those prices the Leafs better sell Bozak. I don't even care if we miss the playoffs or if we have to sell off Bozak within the division as a result, it's worth it if Hanzal can get that.

What does Bozak have to do with Hanzal exactly? Seriously how do you find they are comparable players? The contract situation's also couldnt be anymore different.

Has anyone thats a fan of an eastern conference team watched Hanzal play? I really dont think so based on this thread.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Don't see the hype. 41 points in his best season. Seems to miss a lot of games to injury.

He's big, wins faceoffs and plays PK. That's what you are paying for. The offense is an added bonus, but he hasn't done that so much recently.

He's worth a fair amount, but as a rental I doubt he's worth selling everything. I'd value him about the same as Vermette from a couple of years ago (Dahlbeck + 1st).

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Id say the best way to judge a 6'6 physical two way centerman is to base it on his point totals.

He's also a guy who's played for one of the worst offensive teams in the league, safe to say he'd have higher point totals if he played for a more offensive team.

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
You'd think if it was him Chia would have made it happen before playing a key Western Conference rival this afternoon. We could've used him today for sure.
Yep. Faceoffs are a problem for the Oil, the game vs. NSH just shows it. Hanzal 3C and Khaira instead of Hendricks as 4th LW. One can dream.. :popcorn:

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
Must be Preds....CBJ announcers says Hanzal has been traded, but recipient team is currently playing, so the team will be announced later after said team's game is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad