Confirmed with Link: [ARZ/COL] Darcy Kuemper for Conor Timmins, 2022 1st, 2024 3rd (conditional)

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Sounds like there's no protection on the 1st. I'm happy.

Now if cheering for, or against the Yotes gets too frustrating we can all cheer against the Avs together.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
Sounds like there's no protection on the 1st. I'm happy.

Now if cheering for, or against the Yotes gets too frustrating we can all cheer against the Avs together.
No we need to cheer FOR them so we get that extra pick haha

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
We read and heard and talked a lot about “familiarity” and “comfort-level” after the Josh Doan pick. All about how it was a tough year for scouting and it was right to go with what we know.

Our pro-scouting department this list season was unbelievably lean. And we hired a first time pro scout (long time amateur scouting director) to be our new pro scouting director. Apparently because we needed someone who knew young pros well. It makes sense then that we ultimately went with his kid in Timmins. Someone he scouted, drafted, and knows very well. Risk elimination.

I think ending up with Timmins is a lot like ending up with Josh Doan in many ways.

Reactions: Grimes

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
We read and heard and talked a lot about “familiarity” and “comfort-level” after the Josh Doan pick. All about how it was a tough year for scouting and it was right to go with what we know.

Our pro-scouting department this list season was unbelievably lean. And we hired a first time pro scout (long time amateur scouting director) to be our new pro scouting director. Apparently because we needed someone who knew young pros well. It makes sense then that we ultimately went with his kid in Timmins. Someone he scouted, drafted, and knows very well. Risk elimination.

I think ending up with Timmins is a lot like ending up with Josh Doan in many ways.
And Jaskin is BA’s guy.
And Boko Imama is Plandowski’s.
And O’Brien’s is Tourigny’s.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Really like this deal. I like Timmins to. I think he's ready for full time duty if he can stay healthy.

BA has done such a good job this off season, its what I expected, but maybe not to this extent, it's very impressive. To get a 1st, plus a ready now prospect, plus another conditional pick for an expiring goalie that had no intentions of resigning is something else.

Reactions: Ghostface Keller

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
Some Avs fans on the main board think he could be top 4 level this year, wasn't going to happen in COL with all the guys they have though. Said he progressed all season, and was standing his ground in the physical games against Vegas. Seems like a really solid add in the trade, especially with the deals 3rd pairing dmen were signing today.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
Nor Soderstrom as a top pair. Not Timmins as a top four.
True, the other two are a lot more likely though haha. Either way, pretty great value. We've managed to resurrect the careers of the last two guys we've brought in, hopefully we can do it a third time.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Some Avs fans on the main board think he could be top 4 level this year, wasn't going to happen in COL with all the guys they have though. Said he progressed all season, and was standing his ground in the physical games against Vegas. Seems like a really solid add in the trade, especially with the deals 3rd pairing dmen were signing today.

This is what I saw during the playoffs too. On D, he was standing his ground, wasn't a liability at all.

On offense, he looked like a sparkplug, making really good pinches to keep the puck in the zone. That's all I saw, small sample size though and I don't know anything else about him....I'm just a Sharks fan so.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
This is what I saw during the playoffs too. On D, he was standing his ground, wasn't a liability at all.

On offense, he looked like a sparkplug, making really good pinches to keep the puck in the zone. That's all I saw, small sample size though and I don't know anything else about him....I'm just a Sharks fan so.
Already an improvement over almost all of dmen from last season :laugh:

Reactions: Summer Rose

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad