Confirmed with Link: [ARZ/COL] Darcy Kuemper for Conor Timmins, 2022 1st, 2024 3rd (conditional)

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I hear ya. But isn't there a happy medium? Can't we at least sign some okay UFAs to 1-2 year deals? Maybe trade for a 25 year old goalie with some long-term upside?

Some short-term deals would be especially nice to cash out at the deadline for even more picks.

Reactions: rt

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Hopefully the whole concussion thing is behind him

He was not a physical presence in the one game I watched, and the concussion history could be why. Don't know for sure as I haven't followed him throughout his career.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Can't say I noticed it, but my credentials scouting players is suspect. At times he showed good speed, both coming back to defend and taking the puck up ice. In the defensive zone, he covered well in front of the net, working to gain position and lifting sticks as needed. While he didn't contribute to any scoring, he definitely was not a defensive liability.
It used the be the first thing anyone would notice. And honestly, may have a lot to do with his concussion. Dude was folded over like a speed skater. Anyone remember Alexandre Picard? Disappointing top ten pick of the Blue Jackets that was a grinder for a season with the Yotes. It was like that. Picard is the worst hunch I've seen at a high-level (WJC, NHL, MemCup, like that) and Timmins was the the 2nd worst. (Lucic doesn't count because it's a physical abnormality from birth and it's only the shoulders and up).

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Timmins the X-factor? Assist of the year!? Not a ton of Timmins analysis, but this guy has a silky smooth podcast voice.

Last edited:

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
NHL trade grades: Darcy Kuemper to the Colorado Avalanche, Conor Timmins and draft picks to the Arizona Coyotes (espn.com)

"We just held off and held our ground in negotiations. As more goaltenders signed, it began apparent that he was the big chip that other teams that wanted to win the Cup wanted," said Armstrong.
The Coyotes right now have Sabres castoff Carter Hutton as their starting goaltender. Maybe they add another. Maybe they play with an empty net. It doesn't matter; this team has been stripped down to the copper pipes, and you have to give Armstrong credit for the ferocity of their tank, er, "retooling." :laugh:

Reactions: brakeyawself

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
That's pretty cheap. Figure he could have gotten $1.5m x 2. He's about to be fed as much top 4 icetime as he can handle.

I think he's still trying to prove he's the player he was before his 18 month concussion recovery.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
NHL trade grades: Darcy Kuemper to the Colorado Avalanche, Conor Timmins and draft picks to the Arizona Coyotes (espn.com)

"We just held off and held our ground in negotiations. As more goaltenders signed, it began apparent that he was the big chip that other teams that wanted to win the Cup wanted," said Armstrong.
The Coyotes right now have Sabres castoff Carter Hutton as their starting goaltender. Maybe they add another. Maybe they play with an empty net. It doesn't matter; this team has been stripped down to the copper pipes, and you have to give Armstrong credit for the ferocity of their tank, er, "retooling." :laugh:

Kudos to Armstrong, wonder what they were getting offered before they were all getting signed.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
Just finished. ;)
  • 2nd powerplay unit; appears to be a rare occurrence and driven by injuries
  • Did some PKing as well
  • Average speed; defends well
  • Jumps up on the play when the opportunity is there.
  • Flubbed a pass on PP causing a turn over; several shaky puck handling exhibits even when not contested
  • Not a frequent hitter or shot-blocker
  • Nothing flashy and nothing jumped out as either a huge positive or negative. I could see him playing significant minutes for the Yotes this season considering the options available.
Oh yeah, Avs won with 39 seconds remaining. Fleury takes the loss. Probably why he was traded on Twitter. :laugh:

This was my big beef with Timmins - you hold your breath every single outlet pass because half the time it just floats off his stick and onto the opposition's

That said, he solidified his play down the stretch and even did some nice things in the playoffs, so if the slower pace in Arizona works for him, Yotes fans should expect a good 2nd pairing guy

I was personally over the moon with the trade - should I be? Can Kuemper still be that guy?

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
if the slower pace in Arizona works for him,

thanks-for-the-compliment-14821889.png

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
This was my big beef with Timmins - you hold your breath every single outlet pass because half the time it just floats off his stick and onto the opposition's

That said, he solidified his play down the stretch and even did some nice things in the playoffs, so if the slower pace in Arizona works for him, Yotes fans should expect a good 2nd pairing guy

I was personally over the moon with the trade - should I be? Can Kuemper still be that guy?

Kuemper will be a sub 2.00gaa for Colorado and probably win the Vezina if he is healthy, which he should be considering Colorado won't have to ride him like RT did all season long.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Keumper is great in a Coyotes heavy volume system. May be an adjustment where he has to adjust to facing half the workload shots wise. Regardless should be a top goalie this year if he’s healthy.

Reactions: AvsGuy and Jakey53

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

If healthy, Kuemper is very good.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Kuemper likes the work so I expect him to let in occasional softies when the Avs are dominating games. That will mean his stats wont be as stellar as you might think. But when the Avs are under the cosh (which isnt very often) is when he should step up as he did for the Coyotes most nights and that'll be the acid test.

Reactions: AvsGuy

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
Kuemper will be a sub 2.00gaa for Colorado and probably win the Vezina if he is healthy, which he should be considering Colorado won't have to ride him like RT did all season long.
Seriously, how dumb do you have to be to play a guy 12 straight games in a condensed schedule? Even leaving him in to get shelled in games where he obviously didn’t have his best stuff.

Reactions: rt and 0point1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad