Player Discussion Artturi Lehkonen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Lehkonen was probably our best player in the series against the Rangers.
He has disappointed us since.

The guy is really frustrating to watch this season mainly because he should not play on the top 9.

Too bad Byron got injured because Lehoknen would be a decent 4th liner.
Fourth liners dont produce 30 points in a season

Reactions: montreal

Pierre Dagenais

pissening
Jan 10, 2007
montreal
Regardless of a slump or not, he is really overrated on these boards
He is a solid 2 way 3rd line player, I don't think he will ever be more than that
I think we all overrated him after he had an 18-goal rookie season. It seems that he just doesn't have the offensive capabilities to produce on a consistent basis. With that said, he's still a serviceable 3rd liner who can score 25-30 points and can play the PK. Those guys are still worth having on the team and won't cost more than $3 million salary.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I'm a broken record here, but I'm hoping we can get Marcuss Johansson and Derrick Brassard each for a 3rd and a B-level prospect. Then re-sign Johansson and Brassard to a 2 or 3 year deal. Not sure there's room for Lehkonen in the top 9 in that scenario, but at least he'd have a good 4th line center and opposite winger.

The offense needs more bite against good teams.
That moment you realize those two produce less than Lekhonen

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
That moment you realize those two produce less than Lekhonen

First of all, its about projecting future projection, not some segment of past production.

Second, lehkonen doesnt come out of the lineup for these two, weise, dlo and thompson do.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
First of all, its about projecting future projection, not some segment of past production.

Second, lehkonen doesnt come out of the lineup for these two, weise, dlo and thompson do.
Who is more likely to have better scoring in yhe future... the 22 years old, the 28 years old or the 31 years old on a negative slope.

Lekhonen is better than both of these players, like it or not.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Who is more likely to have better scoring in yhe future... the 22 years old, the 28 years old or the 31 years old on a negative slope.

Lekhonen is better than both of these players, like it or not.

Like it or not, lol, too funny.

It's not about age it's about talent.

But ultimately, both can be in the lineup. And i take lehkonen, johansson, and brassard over weise, thompson and dlo.

And fyi, just so you're properly informed, Lehkonen is 23.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Regardless of a slump or not, he is really overrated on these boards
He is a solid 2 way 3rd line player, I don't think he will ever be more than that

overrated? most here seem to think he sucks yet he's had a better first 2 years production wise then Eller had at the same age and look at how many loved him.

Leks is just that a solid 2 way 3rd liner that's still young and hopefully gets better. He should be a consistent 30 point player as he hopefully adds some mass and strength.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
And why isnt that good enough? Hes homegrown talent and we happen to have a 3rd line for him to play on.

I never said he wasn't good enough
I said he is a solid 3rd line player that can play at both ends of the ice
My problem is the people that overrated the guy like crazy and say they wouldn't trade him for Huberdeau for example!!!

Reactions: Zorba

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
I wouldn't try to trade him unless someone made an offer that couldn't be refused. I'd let him play on the 4th line and keep using him on the PK.

Would much rather attempt to move Drouin.

Bergevin doesn't admit to his mistakes , Alzner was a solid signing that knows he needs to be better and Therrien was a good coach in a slump...This isn't going to end well...

Last edited:
Reactions: cphabs and Runner77

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I never said he wasn't good enough
I said he is a solid 3rd line player that can play at both ends of the ice
My problem is the people that overrated the guy like crazy and say they wouldn't trade him for Huberdeau for example!!!
People say stupid shit, doesnt mean you have to say some to balance things out.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
Fourth liners dont produce 30 points in a season

I agree that I don't think he'll become a fourth liner. But over the last 20 games he's had 3 points. 1 assist in last 9.

That's closer to 4th line production than I'd like to see him. In fact it's closer to AHL than I'd like to see.

Fact is, he 100% hasn't improved since his rookie year, and he might have regressed.

Not sure what can be done, he went through a period of bad puck luck and seemed cursed, but recently it's like he's not even generating those chances.

Edit: I guess you scratch him (for tonight anyway). Not opposed to this, I'd rather try to light a fire under him than just let him wallow away night after night without getting on the scoresheet.

Last edited:

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
Bergevin doesn't admit to his mistakes , Alzner was a solid signing that knows he needs to be better and Therrien was a good coach in a slump...This isn't going to end well...

He also waived Alzner and fired Therrien, it just took more time than we would have liked.

Drouin would be moved if Bergevin got the right offer for him.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
To be honest if Oilers called me and they offered Lekhonen straight for Puuljarvi at this point ill do it. How many times do we hear in Montreal '' hes struggling to get some points but atleast hes good in his zone'' . Seriously Lekhonen has 0 potential to be a top6 whatsoever id take a chance with Puuljarvi whos playing in a garbage ass team.

Lekhonen is so flat , Shaw and Byron will do a better job on a 3rd line than Lekhonen at this point.

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
He also waived Alzner and fired Therrien, it just took more time than we would have liked.

Drouin would be moved if Bergevin got the right offer for him.

The damage is already done with the multitude of mistakes. Some issues can't be fixed after the fact.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
The damage is already done with the multitude of mistakes. Some issues can't be fixed after the fact.

Agreed, however that's not what you said nor what I replied to.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
To be honest if Oilers called me and they offered Lekhonen straight for Puuljarvi at this point ill do it. How many times do we hear in Montreal '' hes struggling to get some points but atleast hes good in his zone'' . Seriously Lekhonen has 0 potential to be a top6 whatsoever id take a chance with Puuljarvi whos playing in a garbage ass team.

Lekhonen is so flat , Shaw and Byron will do a better job on a 3rd line than Lekhonen at this point.

He still has top 6 potential, even if it's getting less and less likely. And there's nothing wrong with him being a third line player, and a good one at it. Not sure why we should throw the towel on him only because he might not reach his full potential.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I agree that I don't think he'll become a fourth liner. But over the last 20 games he's had 3 points. 1 assist in last 9.

That's closer to 4th line production than I'd like to see him. In fact it's closer to AHL than I'd like to see.

Fact is, he 100% hasn't improved since his rookie year, and he might have regressed.

Not sure what can be done, he went through a period of bad puck luck and seemed cursed, but recently it's like he's not even generating those chances.

Edit: I guess you scratch him (for tonight anyway). Not opposed to this, I'd rather try to light a fire under him than just let him wallow away night after night without getting on the scoresheet.

Danault has had a similar stretch last year, and he was playing top six with much more PP time, didn't see anyone calling him a fourth liner then.

Armia has one point in his last 10 games, didn't see anyone calling him a 4th liner. He has 6 points in his last 20 games.

They're bottom six forwards, they go through rough patches, they can't score 20 goals and have 30 assists... Because they wouldn't be 3rd liners, they'd be 2nd liners.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Total waste of talent to have a 30 points+ player on the fourth line, no team in the league has that type of depth. Nashville is the only team with that kind of depth and theyre not going to keep that for long.
Lehkonen is definitely not a 30 points+ player.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
that's crazy, 28 in his rookie year, last year on pace for 26 on one of the worst Hab teams since the 40's on a team that struggled badly to score. He should hit 30+ this year at 23.
So he's not a 30+point player yet(if ever)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad