Player Discussion Artturi Lehkonen

Status
Not open for further replies.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Lehkonen is definitely not a 30 points+ player.

He's on pace for 33 points, but he's slowing down so he may not reach it. Then again he may heat up. He's a hot and cold player on the score sheet - but always constant in his 200 foot game.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Mainly because hes been on pace twice in his three year career....
He was on pace for a 60 point season at the start of the year and is on pace for 33 now. Forgive me for valuing ACTUAL production over "on pace for".

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Jesus christ. By this logic Crosby is comparable to Marcel Dionne.
I don't get this comparison at all. I'm literally just saying Lehkonen isn't a 30+ point player because he hasn't done that yet. It's nothing crazy. I don't know why you are even arguing this, he hasn't scored 30+ points yet.

Reactions: Zorba

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Mainly because hes been on pace twice in his three year career....

To be fair, he is correct. Being on pace for anything doesn't matter.

Phil Kessel had 36 goals in 70 games with Boston, then had something like 10 in 12 games in the playoffs. Bruins fans called him a 40 goal scorer, but he never hit it, despite being on pace for it. He never hit 40 goals and likely never will.

Even then, you would want the player to hit the target more than once.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
To be fair, he is correct. Being on pace for anything doesn't matter.

Phil Kessel had 36 goals in 70 games with Boston, then had something like 10 in 12 games in the playoffs. Bruins fans called him a 40 goal scorer, but he never hit it, despite being on pace for it. He never hit 40 goals and likely never will.

Even then, you would want the player to hit the target more than once.
Producing at that rate for an extended period of time means your value is of that production. An arbitrary treshold of games doesnt change that.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Producing at that rate for an extended period of time means your value is of that production. An arbitrary treshold of games doesnt change that.

Yes it does. If you've never actually attained the threshold one is suggesting, then you're not that.

In my example, Phil Kessel went on to play all 82 games and never reached 40, while being close at 37 twice.

If you don't actually hit that level, you can't say a player's production is that.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Yes it does. If you've never actually attained the threshold one is suggesting, then you're not that.

In my example, Phil Kessel went on to play all 82 games and never reached 40, while being close at 37 twice.

If you don't actually hit that level, you can't say a player's production is that.
He wasn't on pace, there's the difference.

But if you pace for 100 points in X games, your value is that of a 100 points player in these games.

Would you say Kucherov is not a 100 points player because of a stupid point ? No ? Right. (Provided last year never happened.)

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
He wasn't on pace, there's the difference.

But if you pace for 100 points in X games, your value is that of a 100 points player in these games.

Would you say Kucherov is not a 100 points player because of a stupid point ? No ? Right. (Provided last year never happened.)

While extremely unlikely he goes pointless the rest of the season, or gets hurt next game without getting a point, he will become a player who's a 100 point player, as he'll have done it twice in his career and relatively close together, well, back-to-back.

Lehkonen needs 6 points, which is suspect that he'll get. If he does, then you could say he's a 30 point player. He actually achieved it.

Me and only me, I stay away from those labels unless the player actually does it more than once, otherwise you could have said we had a 40 goal scorer in Brian Gionta and let him go for nothing.

There's nothing stopping him from becoming a 40 point player, but I just say you can't call someone and say they are a ___ point player if they've never hit that level in their career, even if they were on pace to do so in a few seasons.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
While extremely unlikely he goes pointless the rest of the season, or gets hurt next game without getting a point, he will become a player who's a 100 point player, as he'll have done it twice in his career and relatively close together, well, back-to-back.

Lehkonen needs 6 points, which is suspect that he'll get. If he does, then you could say he's a 30 point player. He actually achieved it.

Me and only me, I stay away from those labels unless the player actually does it more than once, otherwise you could have said we had a 40 goal scorer in Brian Gionta and let him go for nothing.

There's nothing stopping him from becoming a 40 point player, but I just say you can't call someone and say they are a ___ point player if they've never hit that level in their career, even if they were on pace to do so in a few seasons.
It's stupid because the value of the player is that of his projected production, a player that produces 60 in 82 and a player that produces 44 in 60 games have the exact same value for the 60 games.

At some point, you're just debating over semantic and not actual production or on-ice value.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
On the cusp of just wanting whatever for him. A reclamation project of his age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->