Player Discussion Artturi Lehkonen

Status
Not open for further replies.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
when players are in slump they are going to look worse then they are though. 3 pts in the last 18, 5 pts in the last 24. Before that had 19 pts in 33 games.

But when it's your annual half season slump...

Reactions: HBDay

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
Lehkonen was probably our best player in the series against the Rangers.
He has disappointed us since.

The guy is really frustrating to watch this season mainly because he should not play on the top 9.

Too bad Byron got injured because Lehoknen would be a decent 4th liner.

Reactions: Habs4Life

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
But when it's your annual half season slump...

I don't recall a slump in his rookie year but with him being undersized perhaps he hit a wall physically. Last year he had a few injuries and just didn't get going. It didn't help matters that his center was Pleks but at least he was at RW.

Reactions: 26Mats

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I don't recall a slump in his rookie year but with him being undersized perhaps he hit a wall physically. Last year he had a few injuries and just didn't get going. It didn't help matters that his center was Pleks but at least he was at RW.

At this point I just see him as a really good fourth liner and PKer.

Hope he's able to take his game to another level. But I don't like seeing him in the top 9 the way he's playing now. Without top guns in the top 6 we need more offense from the 3rd line.

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
A year in the AHL would have been good for his development (that he refused to threaten to leave), he forgot how to score, more references experiences as being dominant offensively, particularly on the smaller ice, wouldn't hurt his game at the moment.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
At this point I just see him as a really good fourth liner and PKer.

Hope he's able to take his game to another level. But I don't like seeing him in the top 9 the way he's playing now. Without top guns in the top 6 we need more offense from the 3rd line.

I think he'll put up over 30 pts this year, that's clearly not 4th line production. I think he's a 3rd liner that's in a slump. Why not mix it up, put him at RW on a new line and see what happens, doesn't make sense to me when the guy is slumping to keep rolling him out on the same line and at a position he's not as good at imo.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I think he'll put up over 30 pts this year, that's clearly not 4th line production. I think he's a 3rd liner that's in a slump. Why not mix it up, put him at RW on a new line and see what happens, doesn't make sense to me when the guy is slumping to keep rolling him out on the same line and at a position he's not as good at imo.

I'm a broken record here, but I'm hoping we can get Marcuss Johansson and Derrick Brassard each for a 3rd and a B-level prospect. Then re-sign Johansson and Brassard to a 2 or 3 year deal. Not sure there's room for Lehkonen in the top 9 in that scenario, but at least he'd have a good 4th line center and opposite winger.

The offense needs more bite against good teams.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
when players are in slump they are going to look worse then they are though. 3 pts in the last 18, 5 pts in the last 24. Before that had 19 pts in 33 games.

Regardless of a slump or not, he is really overrated on these boards
He is a solid 2 way 3rd line player, I don't think he will ever be more than that

Max2

Nov 17, 2013
I'd almost forgotten this guy is even on the team.Does he actually do anything on the ice? Like a ghost player.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Time to trade him while there is still potential in him.

Our best trade bait to upgrade our LD.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
He has his uses but you can’t give poor Kotkaniemi two guys who can’t score if their lives depended on it.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I wouldn't try to trade him unless someone made an offer that couldn't be refused. I'd let him play on the 4th line and keep using him on the PK.

Would much rather attempt to move Drouin.

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
Lehkonen is the Mete version in offense. Both seem doing quite well on ice, have good effort, generate things. But at the end of day, both suck at scoring. They simply couldn't convert although having some chances.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Lehkonen is the Mete version in offense. Both seem doing quite well on ice, have good effort, generate things. But at the end of day, both suck at scoring. They simply couldn't convert although having some chances.

Only difference is that Lehkonen has posted 18 goals in 73 games but that was 2 seasons ago while Mete ...

Was that a fluke?

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
Only difference is that Lehkonen has posted 18 goals in 73 games but that was 2 seasons ago while Mete ...

Was that a fluke?
Mete looks like the better offensive player going forward. Looks bad on Lehkonen seeing as the guy he is being compared to offensively has zero goals at the NHL level.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
He's disappointing in a sense that we really should expect a lot more offensive contribution from him, but that doesn't mean we have to trade him for not meeting the expectations. He is still a good NHL player who produces as much as any other 3rd liner. He's not a failed prospect.

Reactions: Pierre Dagenais
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad