Confirmed with Link: Artturi Lehkonen (50% Retained) Traded to Colorado for a 2024 2nd Round Pick & Justin Barron

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
He got enough for the Lekhnonen at the time of the trade. Obviously, it's lower than what the current Lekhonen is worth.
I think it's worth reviewing his firesale. Not to crucify him but to check-in in general and see what's what.

Personally, I don't like to review trades after they're done -- only at the time of the trade. At the time of trade I am sure I said it was a good trade because Lehkonen didn't fit with the rebuild plan... but since then we've seen Hughes not manage to sell anyone else. Why is Anderson still a Hab if Lehkonen didn't fit? It's worth asking.
This is why we really need to get some stars on the club because they elevate the play and production of other player. I don't think Lekhonen ever produces like this with the current the talent on the habs.
Fully agreed and it was a part of why I was in the 'trade for PLD' camp. Acquiring good NHL players is a good thing for its main effect (a better player on the roster) and its secondary effects (better player elevates the play of those around him). I was in the acquire Fiala camp for the same reason. And I'll be in the acquire the next good player camp too.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I think it's worth reviewing his firesale. Not to crucify him but to check-in in general and see what's what.

Personally, I don't like to review trades after they're done -- only at the time of the trade. At the time of trade I am sure I said it was a good trade because Lehkonen didn't fit with the rebuild plan... but since then we've seen Hughes not manage to sell anyone else. Why is Anderson still a Hab if Lehkonen didn't fit? It's worth asking.

Fully agreed and it was a part of why I was in the 'trade for PLD' camp. Acquiring good NHL players is a good thing for its main effect (a better player on the roster) and its secondary effects (better player elevates the play of those around him). I was in the acquire Fiala camp for the same reason. And I'll be in the acquire the next good player camp too.

I'd take Lehk over Anderson. Lehkonen is much more complete and polished. Lehkonen is borderline elite defensively, if not elite.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I'd take Lehk over Anderson. Lehkonen is much more complete and polished. Lehkonen is borderline elite defensively, if not elite.
You’d be hard pressed to find anyone taking Anderson over Lehkonen for the reason you gave plus Anderson’s contract being more weighty relative to his production.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
You’d be hard pressed to find anyone taking Anderson over Lehkonen for the reason you gave plus Anderson’s contract being more weighty relative to his production.
We really need to find the right line for Anderson. He's not a fit next to CC and Suzuki.

But, he has played well with Newhook in camp, and RHP last year for long stretches. I want to see him with RHP again before labelling his production last year, of scoring at a 32 goal pace, a fluke

Reactions: dcyhabs

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
We really need to find the right line for Anderson. He's not a fit next to CC and Suzuki.

But, he has played well with Newhook in camp, and RHP last year for long stretches. I want to see him with RHP again before labelling his production last year, of scoring at a 32 goal pace, a fluke

Couturier? (Reunited with Torts)

Or maybe to a playoff/contending team desperate enough for reinforcements & needing us to take bad cap$ back that they'd pay a hefty premium

McDavid & the oilers?
Caps?
Rangers?
Canucks?

Always maintained we lost the trade from the getgo. Haven't changed opinion even a bit since.

:fence:

Reactions: Runner77

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Most folks on this board were all to happy to see Lehkonen go. He was always being criticized until he was surrounded by better players and showed that he was a really good player. Now most of the same pundits are complaining that the Habs got ripped off.

In my estimation it is way too early to write off Barron. The kid is what 21?

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Was a good trade at the time.

Remains a good decision.

Barron is a quality asset who is still years away from his peak.

We'll see what the pick brings.
Not many on here, understand patience eh..........1st round PMD at 20 years of age.
Lekky with us, was an ok player, but at times couldn't score in a soccer net............we also did not put him with a player of Big Mac's calibre, so.................

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Couturier? (Reunited with Torts)

Or maybe to a playoff/contending team desperate enough for reinforcements & needing us to take bad cap$ back that they'd pay a hefty premium

McDavid & the oilers?
Caps?
Rangers?
Canucks?

:fence:

I'm hoping Anderson produces when we find him the right line. Then many teams will be calling, not just the desperate ones.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Most folks on this board were all to happy to see Lehkonen go. He was always being criticized until he was surrounded by better players and showed that he was a really good player. Now most of the same pundits are complaining that the Habs got ripped off.

Ylonen is another player we may regret letting go of too soon.

He's not as complete as Lehkonen. But he has a better shot, better hands, and may be a little faster. I'm hoping he can gain a little more savyness, in terms of puck management, with more experience. Though Lehkonen was the master, so I dont' expect him to reach that level.

Reactions: Tyson

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Ylonen is another player we may regret letting go of too soon.

He's not as complete as Lehkonen. But he has a better shot, better hands, and may be a little faster. I'm hoping he can gain a little more savyness, in terms of puck management, with more experience. Though Lehkonen was the master, so I dont' expect him to reach that level.
I am trying to understand why a rebuilding team has buried a pretty decent young player on the 4th line.

Reactions: Andrei79

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

It’s not about writing him off but he doesn’t seem to have a sense of urgency in his game and sounds entitled. He claimed he was very happy with his camp when it was a mixed result at best. He could have just left the question for others to answer since he’s not the best judge of his own performance.

He was fighting for a spot this camp but you couldn’t tell on account of a lackadaisical disposition.

The talent, size and handedness are there — don’t know if it’s just immaturity on his part or whether the kind of attitude several have flagged, is part and parcel of what he’ll be or maybe it’s just a phase.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
He got enough for the Lekhnonen at the time of the trade. Obviously, it's lower than what the current Lekhonen is worth.

This is why we really need to get some stars on the club because they elevate the play and production of other player. I don't think Lekhonen ever produces like this with the current the talent on the habs.
If Barron is good he got enough at the time of the trade, if Barron can't even make the NHL he definitely did not do well enough.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
It’s not about writing him off but he doesn’t seem to have a sense of urgency in his game and sounds entitled. He claimed he was very happy with his camp when it was a mixed result at best. He could have just left the question for others to answer since he’s not the best judge of his own performance.

He was fighting for a spot this camp but you couldn’t tell on account of a lackadaisical disposition.

The talent, size and handedness are there — don’t know if it’s just immaturity on his part or whether the kind of attitude several have flagged, is part and parcel of what he’ll be or maybe it’s just a phase.
All good points for sure. I am hoping it's simply immaturity. They don't all pan out. I am hoping he figures it out...there are young players in the wings that can surpass him quickly if he doesn't figure things out.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
I'm hoping Anderson produces when we find him the right line. Then many teams will be calling, not just the desperate ones.
In HuGo's first season they were looking for a king's ransom for Anderson, like a top 10/15 pick.

He had crazy value from his playoff performance, value he will never demonstrate again unless we get back into the playoffs.

If we are reviewing the fire sale though, the Toffoli trade is an interesting one. On paper we did very well when the trade was made, but we completely lost the trade after the fact by drafting Mesar. It was a good trade that they lost, if that makes sense.

He practices with Crosby and Mack, he thinks that should be enough

• Haha

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
It was a good trade for both teams. Barron still has time to right the ship. Regardless, it was fair value for Lehkonen. What more could we have gotten for Leks?

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

He wasn't horrible against the Caps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad