Confirmed with Link: Artturi Lehkonen (50% Retained) Traded to Colorado for a 2024 2nd Round Pick & Justin Barron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
It’s been a pretty good trade deadline as a Habs fan:

Hughes giving MB a masterclass in what an effective approach to "build via the draft" actually looks like...

basically a 1st & 2nd for Lek and a 2nd & lateral replacement for Kulak... that's is some damn impressive leveraging of assets and shows a very clear understanding of how to use the deadline to your advantage.

Barron is probably thrilled, going to have every opportunity to earn an opening day roster spot, whereas in Colorado he would've been stuck in a logjam behind Makar/Girard/Toews/Bowan.

sad to see Lekhonen go, but this is exactly the kind of return that was a no-brainer to move him for.

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
Reading the Avs thread, and they are in agreement that this is a good trade for them. They have one goal, and that's to win a cup now.

We need to rebuild and that's what this does.

Bravo Hughes, you have done us proud.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Hope you get the cup Lehky <3
twice-dahyun.gif

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
I was gonna cheer for the Panthers to win the cup but now it's Avs all the way. No secret that I was a huge Lehks supporter. Win a cup Kiddo!!

That said, HuGo's recent home runs have me wondering wtf Molson kept Bozovin around for so long? What a great return!

FLHabs

Send all your underacheiving prospects!!
Feb 18, 2017
Sad to see Lekhy go, he was a good soldier, but Barron seems like a grade A prospects and fills a huge need. Great trade imo, Lekhonen was gonna get a big pay day too

Hughes is 4 for 4 for the big trade so far imo

Rob Sense

Apr 26, 2015
I was not a fan of trading Lehkonen unless massive over pay...this sounds like borderline return to tip the scales for me. Is Barron a sure thing?

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
I'm just going to say this;

How great is it to have a GM committing to a direction with a plan in mind and actually doing whatever is necessary to make it happen?

Bergevin would have probably spent the whole weeks and days leading up to the deadline trading Mathieu Perreault for a conditional 7th round pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad