Article: Flyers build "Rage Room" for fans in the arena!

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
lol I love Philly

More like a practice room for when they win their next cup

Last edited:

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
The Flyers really have great marketing. I liked how during an intermission in Prague they had some attractive girl shooting a crossbow lirl.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I'll never understand the outrage of throwing snowballs at Santa. Are you people under the impression that Santa Claus is real and that good old Kris Kringle was on his way to deliver some gifts to children in need but was brutally assaulted but some Eagles fans? They literally threw snowballs at a drunk guy wearing a Santa Claus costume 50 years ago and people are still talking about it. It's so lazy.
Dude they literally killed Santa. Have some respect.

QuadDeuces

Jul 16, 2006
Salt Lake City
This is fantastic. Last year, I was at a World Series of Poker event in Montreal and they built one of these on your way out of the tournament area. If you've ever played any sort of decent stakes poker, you'll understand the importance.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
How about it was a regular Joe that was sporting a Santa Claus suit minding his own business, and did nothing to deserve the abuse? Or maybe that is just non-Philly talk......
It was at the end of the last game of a 2 win season for the Eagles and some random guy came out of the stands in a Santa costume to try to get everyone riled up and he got exactly what he expected. Even the guy who was pretending to be Santa thinks it's funny to this day. Are you really trying to make it sound like throwing snowballs at someone is that big of a deal that 50 years later it's still being discussed? How soft do you have to be to make a big deal out of something that little kids look forward to doing with their friends all winter?

I hope you can find the irony in painting an entire city as bad people while you root for a team in a place nicknamed Sin City.

Reactions: Don Nachbaur 26

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
It was at the end of the last game of a 2 win season for the Eagles and some random guy came out of the stands in a Santa costume to try to get everyone riled up and he got exactly what he expected. Even the guy who was pretending to be Santa thinks it's funny to this day. Are you really trying to make it sound like throwing snowballs at someone is that big of a deal that 50 years later it's still being discussed? How soft do you have to be to make a big deal out of something that little kids look forward to doing with their friends all winter?

I hope you can find the irony in painting an entire city as bad people while you root for a team in a place nicknamed Sin City.

I don't paint Philly as bad people. That is a self portrait.

Insomniac99

Oct 26, 2006
Orchard Park, NY
Just found a leaked photo from inside the room.

r

Reactions: StupidGenius

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
I'll never understand the outrage of throwing snowballs at Santa. Are you people under the impression that Santa Claus is real and that good old Kris Kringle was on his way to deliver some gifts to children in need but was brutally assaulted but some Eagles fans? They literally threw snowballs at a drunk guy wearing a Santa Claus costume 50 years ago and people are still talking about it. It's so lazy.

But they punched police horses in the face less than two years ago and threw batteries.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
But they punched police horses in the face less than two years ago and threw batteries.
Yeah, those are legit. No defense of that crap. Throwing a snowball at someone 50 years ago, that seems forgivable.

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
How about it was a regular Joe that was sporting a Santa Claus suit minding his own business, and did nothing to deserve the abuse? Or maybe that is just non-Philly talk......

The Eagles were trash that year. Started 0-11 and were heading to get the 1st overall pick (future HOF and convict OJ Simpson). They won a few games and were winning that game as well. So the Philly fans were pissed about their team being bad at losing. The original dude who was supposed to come out and get the fans excited while being dressed as Santa Claus was too drunk to make it to the game. So they picked a random guy out of the crowd to do it. Fans were already booing and throwing snowballs. They just had another target at that point.

It's just kinda old at this point. 50 years ago and (some) Philly fans have done worse things since then.

swflyers93

Nov 19, 2007
Norristown, PA
Nothing to rage about tonight. Carter Hart's first career shutout, youngest goalie in Flyers history to do that. And we beat the Devils 4-0 and the #1 pick Jack Hughes, who looks like he is 12 years old.

Reactions: Don Nachbaur 26

Miltons tomatoplant

Dec 8, 2004
Sledgehammers? How will this room survive more than one session then? I assume it doesn't have diamond walls, a diamond ceiling and a diamond floor

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad