Article: Flyers build "Rage Room" for fans in the arena!

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Gotta hand it to the Flyers for this, that's awesome!

Flyers build ‘rage room’ for their fans in arena!

upload_2019-10-8_23-15-26.png

"True story - and maybe the most Philly thing ever. #Flyers have added a "Rage Room" to @WellsFargoCtr, where "participants wearing protective gear can smash, break, and unleash their rage upon everyday items like televisions and dishes using bats, sledgehammers, and more."
— Frank Seravalli (@frank_seravalli) October 8, 2019

“The rage room-style space allows fans and guests a stress-relieving outlet amid all of the game action,” the Flyers said in a press release. “Through scheduled sessions that can be reserved in advance, participants wearing protective gear can smash, break, and unleash their rage upon everyday items like televisions and dishes using bats, sledgehammers, and more. Some of the items that can be disassembled might even bear the logo of an opposing team.”

“The concept is definitely one-of-a-kind and non-traditional,”said Valerie Camillo, President of Business Operations of the Flyers and the Wells Fargo Center.”We ran the concept by some of our fans who told us they thought this would be a fresh way to have some harmless fun. I had never heard of a rage room before the design team pitched the idea. Now, I can’t wait to get in there and take a few whacks.”​
"This is just perfect for the fanbase in Philly. We love it!"

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
It costs $35 for an individual person (might want to bring an extra $35 down to the game)

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Didn’t Nashville do something similar with cars?
In the playoffs they have a "smash car" on the plaza outside the arena. You pay $15 or so to take 3 swings with a sledgehammer, with the money going to charity. Pretty controlled, all in good fun.

The rage room sounds kind of creepy to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->