Article Debunking Myth About Senators 'Playoff Attendance Problem'

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
A canadian city, gotta sell out during the playoffs...a great run for the Sens, the fans have to support them better, I know the location seems to be the major issue, but ya gotta sell out...end of story!!

Stampede2017

Apr 24, 2017
Calgary
Game 6 conference final Not a sell out, get real. Embarrassing, pathetic, and just sick. The Sens season ticket base needs to be higher. Pool 4-5 friends together and buy a set of season tickets like a lot of us do in other smaller markets, like Edmonton, Calgary and Winnipeg. I feel like I wasted my breathe cheering my lungs out for your team during this playoffs. Instead of being mad at your fellow fans for not showing up, it's one excuse after another and another and another. I hope Eugene moves the team if this keeps up. Ottawa doesn't deserve a major league sport team if this keeps up. Just keep your Blackblacks or whatever semi pro team is available. Small market teams like us need their fans more so than Toronto and Vancouver. Come on no more excuses pleaseeeeee.

Last edited:

Jul 6, 2016
Bad tickets were way too expensive and the arena can hold +19,000, which is too much for the population of the area. Look at Winnipeg. Only 15,500 seats.

And never forget that Sens are not the most popular team in their own backyard ! You have still after 25 seasons, too many Leafs and Habs fans snubbing them.

Stampede2017

Apr 24, 2017
Calgary
If the Arena is only 15000 capacity, the tickets prices would be higher. Sens cheap seats are less than $30, whereby the Jets cheap seats are close to $100 during the regular season. If the team is not popular amongst it's fans. Eugen should move it, because NO excuse period for not selling out game 6 of a conference final.

Stampede2017

Apr 24, 2017
Calgary
Sens fans keep saying playoff prices and parking are high. In fact it's the cheapest among all Canadian playoff cities. Stop making excuses please

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
If the Arena is only 15000 capacity, the tickets prices would be higher. Sens cheap seats are less than $30, whereby the Jets cheap seats are close to $100 during the regular season. If the team is not popular amongst it's fans. Eugen should move it, because NO excuse period for not selling out game 6 of a conference final.

The team isn't going anywhere so you can stop your bickering

illbeback

May 30, 2012
I will start off by saying that I am not making excuses for the fans of the Senators but to provide my input being that I am a Leaf fan living in Ottawa...

Look, I have a love and hate relationship with the fans since my brother is a Sens fan BUT I can see the issues lying within the city itself

Ottawa is 2 hours away from Montreal which has a history of over 100 years...4 hours away from Toronto which has a history of over 100 years not to mention Boston and the other original six teams. The Sens have only gotten their team back in 1992. 25 years of history to try to steal away all the fans of other teams within the City..do you know how difficult that is???? Not to mention fans of other teams would have most likely raised their kids to cheer on for their respective teams...it is an extreme up hill battle to try to recuperate all those fans from other teams

People comparing Ottawa ticket prices to other city ticket prices and say "they are the cheapest of the Canadian cities"...that's not a fair argument...every Canadian city has it's threshold for what it can afford...now to tie into that the corporate support in other cities is tremendous...someone said that corporate companies aren't willing to snatch up tickets because it's not the "hot ticket" in town ....give me a break....the Sens have die hard/hardcore fans as I should know since I live here....the problem is there are many other die hard/hardcore fans of other teams based on what I have already said

Don't have to get into the phoenix pay system fiasco either...

I think they do a good job of supporting their team since most fans in the seats are ACTUAL Senator fans paying their hard earned money. Their playoff atmosphere in the building is absolutely ****ing bonkers compared to the ACC which is mostly corporate seats..I think Anselmi said that half the tickets at the ACC are corporate giveaways? So of course it will sell out..

I really feel disgusted having to post this since I am a Leaf fan but I think its unfair for posters living OUTSIDE of the City to chime in when they have no clue what they are talking about.

Given time the Sens fan base will grow...I see children and young adults sporting Sens gear all over the city. They will grow up to be able to afford their own tickets and go to the game.

The move to downtown will also bring in an influx of fans from other parts of the city and not to mention just casual fans as well... Kanata is NOT an ideal location....with the new LRT system in place it will be what a true arena should be like, easily accessible and in the core of the ****ing city and not in the middle of but **** nowhere.

I am going to take a shower and wash myself. I feel dirty after this... lol

Stampede2017

Apr 24, 2017
Calgary
I agree I should. I am just so disappointed that the local real Sens fans don't speak out against their fellow bandwagon fans. Wasted my breathe cheering for them and even bought a Sens car flag too. Move the team to Hamilton or somewhere else. Maybe even Regina or Saskatoon will do better - just kidding! I will stop now. Game 6 conference final Not a sell out...............not right man.

Stampede2017

Apr 24, 2017
Calgary
illbeback, I like your comment and explanation. Game 6 conference final Not a sell out though??????. Having to to endure hearing Jeremy Roenick say pathetic multiple times in US hurts as a Canadian hockey fan. Really hurt, this is suppose to be our game.

illbeback

May 30, 2012
illbeback, I like your comment and explanation. Game 6 conference final Not a sell out though??????. Having to to endure hearing Jeremy Roenick say pathetic multiple times in US hurts as a Canadian hockey fan. Really hurt, this is suppose to be our game.

Sure it probably hurts Senator fans but Roenick is like every other poster on here ******** on them...he doesn't know the intricacies of the City and it's people. He was also baited on the issue from a Toronto media personality.

Think of it this way...11 home games for the Senators...with a capacity of 18500...18500 * 11 = 203500 tickets...of those tickets 99% of them are BOUGHT from FANS and not GIVEN away, to my previous point of having to sell those tickets to the pocket of Sens fans in the city since not all fans are fans of the Sens (fans of Leaf, Habs, Bruins, other random teams)......do you know how expensive that gets for a family????? Plus 30 dollars for parking...10+ dollars for a beer, food for the kids.....PLUS over an hour going there and going back from the arena....just not feasible....

The easiest thing to do to a fanbase is to kick them when thier already down, BUT if you do just a little bit of research you will find out more and possibly change your opinion. Hate the Sens but love the City of Ottawa....

Having said that I ****ing commend them for all of their hurdles they have to go through to support this team....they rarely ever BOOO their own team like the Canadien fans do either....

Going by your username I am not sure what team you follow?

Last edited:

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I agree I should. I am just so disappointed that the local real Sens fans don't speak out against their fellow bandwagon fans. Wasted my breathe cheering for them and even bought a Sens car flag too. Move the team to Hamilton or somewhere else. Maybe even Regina or Saskatoon will do better - just kidding! I will stop now. Game 6 conference final Not a sell out...............not right man.

holy **** what a dumb post. Get a kick out of idiots suggesting relocation. Moron.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Ottawa not selling out may be problematic to some but suggesting relocation to a different city is just foolish when teams like Florida and Carolina can't sell out most games. The only relocation the Sens should do is to downtown Ottawa.

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
The other issue in Ottawa is the lack of corporate sponsors. The biggest employer/entity is the federal gov't who can't purchase suites or make any type of corporate sponsorship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad