Value of: Artemi Panarin

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
1. Skinner is a UFA in 1 year too, genius. Why wouldn't they just keep Panarin if Skinner is the main piece coming back?
2. Gauthier's and Bean's draft positions are irrelevant. Gauthier was getting healthy scratched in the AHL. Bean could still turn out to be something but from what I have read, he hasn't been setting the world on fire in Juniors.
3. I am not a CBJ fan. I just know that they aren't going to trade Panarin for an inferior rental, a bust prospect and an up in the air prospect. The Jackets are in win-now mode. They can get better players with more term than what you offered. ex. Zucker and Nino from the Wild as was proposed in this thread.

1. Maybe CBJ feel more confident they can resign Skinner long term than Panarin, genius.
2. Gauthier isn't a bust but Carolina's cupboard is really full especially on the wing. Everyone also knows PWF take longer to develop. Bean has been developing well.
3. Maybe CBJ feels trading for Zucker would be buying high at this point. I admittedly don't watch him a lot...this could've also been a legit breakout year for him. I'll leave that for Min/CBJ fans to discern. Nino's career average is closer to 40 points is his value that high around the league?

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
With the understanding that they'd only offer that if Panarin wasn't a rental and was certain to extend with the Wild, which isn't likely. As a 1-year rental (which is almost certainly what he'd be for Minnesota) they couldn't offer nearly that much.

If he is signed would you offer up Spurgeon and Zucker/Nino for maybe Panarin + 2nd rd pick?

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
If he is signed would you offer up Spurgeon and Zucker/Nino for maybe Panarin + 2nd rd pick?
I'd be okay with that personally. Paying Spurgeon to upgrade on Zucker/Nino is a hell of a price, but I think it's a hit the Wild could absorb and Panarin is exactly the sort of player they could probably use right now.

Again though, I'm very skeptical that he'd want to commit to Minnesota long-term.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
I'd be okay with that personally. Paying Spurgeon to upgrade on Zucker/Nino is a hell of a price, but I think it's a hit the Wild could absorb and Panarin is exactly the sort of player they could probably use right now.

Again though, I'm very skeptical that he'd want to commit to Minnesota long-term.

yes i understand thats why i said if he is signed not just a 1 year rental. I understand how good spurgeon is for us but to upgrade at forward and get panarin he is one piece i can understand moving since we signed a quality depth RHD.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
To cbl
Aberg
Lucic
1st 2019
Wells

To edm
Panarin
Vehviläinen

Wow that is god awful.

170.jpg

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I know the rules. I just don't agree with them. It should be changed in the next CBA. Panarin is holding the Blue Jackets hostage and he has only played 3 full seasons. He is scheduled to be UFA after 4 seasons. He should be forced to go through 7 years of RFA like most young players.
What's wrong with the party in a negotation that has leverage using it?

Is it any different than when a GM says to a 23 year old player whose contract is up: "Hey you can play here for what we are offering or you can go get a job doing something other than hockey." I think it was the OTT GM who told Mikael Wikstrand he could play in OTT or bag groceries. Is that not holding the player hostage?

If we implement your rules a Euro comes over at 28 and won't be a UFA until he's 35, at which point he'd be subject to a 35+ contract and would get few good offers. That doesn't seem very fair either.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Wahlstrom is a requirement to be in any deal with the Islanders.

Don't want to trade him? Ok, you're not acquiring Panarin. Not with that garbage you just offered. Go away.

I love when posters do their Brian Doyle Murray "Caddy Shack" impersonation. +1

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
To be fair Wahlstrom would be required because he would coming back for a signed Panarin within the division... It would be very expensive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad