Value of: Artemi Panarin

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
Based on OP:
Jeff Skinner, Bean, Gauthier for Panarin as a basis of a deal.

Replacement young LW 30 goal scorer and two recent first round picks.

Assuming each team can talk to agents and work out a contract.

I also assumed Cbus was stacked on RD and could use a blue Chip LD. Let me know if their needs are different.

Little OT I heard Cbus might try to move Bob and roll with Korpi. If true would be glad to make this a bigger blockbuster to get Bob in Carolina.
Awful

Brett44

Feb 11, 2017
Panarin would be absolutely perfect for Colorado.

Just don’t see a deal to be made though.
Yes
Kamenev/Bowers or JTCompher and Timmins and 1st 2019 avs top 10 protected
For
Panarin signing minimum 5 years

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
I love voracek, but do you really wanna face Panarin at least 4 times/season for the next decade?

I think we come out pretty good in this proposed deal. Jake's a horse and can carry a line offensively. He's also very good defensively, too. While Panarin is f***ing fantastic in all aspects of his game, Voracek++ is a haul. Plus, Voracek provides cap certainty at, or around, where Panarin will eventually sign. He's 28, signed for 6 more years at 8.25M.

Reactions: CBJFan827

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
Wow a young 25-30g scorer and 2 recent 1st rnd picks for a guy who is a UFA in 1 year is "awful". Not sure what you're expecting in return.
He's not one of ours. I think that would be a helluva haul for Panarin. I'd be happy with that return. They only problem is LD is literally our deepest position currently with Werenski/Murray/Nutivaara + prospects like Carlsson/Kukan. We have Jones, Savard and then ???? on the right side at the NHL level. I don't think Bean is a disqualifier in this case, though.

The previous poster probably thinks it's too much for Panarin.

Voracek + Laughton (+ maybe a pick?) for an extended Panarin
Don't play, buddy. My avatar says all I need to say on that offer.

We have no need for Laughton, so I'd like to see him replaced with pick and forward prospect of some kind

Last edited:

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
Based on OP:
Jeff Skinner, Bean, Gauthier for Panarin as a basis of a deal.

Replacement young LW 30 goal scorer and two recent first round picks.

Assuming each team can talk to agents and work out a contract.

I also assumed Cbus was stacked on RD and could use a blue Chip LD. Let me know if their needs are different.

Little OT I heard Cbus might try to move Bob and roll with Korpi. If true would be glad to make this a bigger blockbuster to get Bob in Carolina.
Your original proposal is interesting, but the bolded would have to be one hell of a trade. I'm curious what it might look like just for fun.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
He's not one of ours. I think that would be a helluva haul for Panarin. I'd be happy with that return. They only problem is LD is literally our deepest position currently with Werenski/Murray/Nutivaara + prospects like Carlsson/Kukan. We have Jones, Savard and then ???? on the right side at the NHL level. I don't think Bean is a disqualifier in this case, though.

Don't play, buddy. My avatar says all I need to say on that offer.

We have no need for Laughton, so I'd like to see him replaced with pick and forward prospect of some kind

Laughton seems primed for a bit of a breakout. Figured that adding his scoring potential would make up for Voracek's deficiency at driving play and scoring goals relative to Panarin.

I think Voracek would have ~65+ points and Laughton ~35+ with better usage on the Blue Jackets. Compare that to Panarin at 90-100 on the Flyers. Seems to meet the criteria of a 2 for 1 that Viqsi described?

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Voracek + Laughton (+ maybe a pick?) for an extended Panarin
The Flyers have Giroux and JVR at LW....not trading for Panarin.

Much rather wait and hope CBus loses him to a team in the West, gets a quantity deal for him, etc... The Flyers have no need to give CBus a 85 point player+ more for him.

wankstifier

Jun 19, 2018
The Flyers have Giroux and JVR at LW....not trading for Panarin.

Much rather wait and hope CBus loses him to a team in the West, gets a quantity deal for him, etc... The Flyers have no need to give CBus a 85 point player+ more for him.

Giroux can play both wings. Panarin probably has flexibility as well. Saw him scoring/driving play from both sides.

Panarin is a better player than Voracek, full stop. His 80+ points with the BJs would've been more like 100+ points with the Flyers.

Reactions: Toe Pick

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Giroux can play both wings. Panarin probably has flexibility as well. Saw him scoring/driving play from both sides.

Panarin is a better player than Voracek, full stop. His 80+ points with the BJs would've been more like 100+ points with the Flyers.
I am not saying he isn't better. But it serves NO purpose to do this trade from the Flyers side. They won't get close to a Voracek type player in return when they trade him.

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
OK Ill bite

NYR >>Kevin Hayes, Smith($ retained) or Shattenkirk($retained) or DeAngelo and Vesey.

CBJ.....Breadman

wankstifier

Jun 19, 2018
I am not saying he isn't better. But it serves NO purpose to do this trade from the Flyers side. They won't get close to a Voracek type player in return when they trade him.

They'd consolidate assets for a better player. Panarin will make less than Voracek and Laughton combined over the next 6-8 years while approximating their scoring from 1 roster spot

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I didnt know he was 26. Thought he was younger. He should get a good contract next offseason.

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
Wow a young 25-30g scorer and 2 recent 1st rnd picks for a guy who is a UFA in 1 year is "awful". Not sure what you're expecting in return.
1. Skinner is a UFA in 1 year too, genius. Why wouldn't they just keep Panarin if Skinner is the main piece coming back?
2. Gauthier's and Bean's draft positions are irrelevant. Gauthier was getting healthy scratched in the AHL. Bean could still turn out to be something but from what I have read, he hasn't been setting the world on fire in Juniors.
3. I am not a CBJ fan. I just know that they aren't going to trade Panarin for an inferior rental, a bust prospect and an up in the air prospect. The Jackets are in win-now mode. They can get better players with more term than what you offered. ex. Zucker and Nino from the Wild as was proposed in this thread.

Reactions: Viqsi

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014

Skinner, Gauthier, McKeown for Panarin

McKeown is near NHL ready defensively minded RD....I keep hearing conflicting things if Cbus would be interested in a D at all or if they could have use for a RD.

Faulk is available but it seems like you have too much tied up in Savard for him or Faulk to be on your 3rd pair?

Your original proposal is interesting, but the bolded would have to be one hell of a trade. I'm curious what it might look like just for fun.

Really hard to say because if Carolina traded for Bob Darling would most likely have to be going the other way. To have neutral value Carolina would probably have to retain 1.15m on him. Any rumors as to how much Bob is looking for in his next contract?

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
1. Skinner is a UFA in 1 year too, genius. Why wouldn't they just keep Panarin if Skinner is the main piece coming back?
2. Gauthier's and Bean's draft positions are irrelevant. Gauthier was getting healthy scratched in the AHL. Bean could still turn out to be something but from what I have read, he hasn't been setting the world on fire in Juniors.
3. I am not a CBJ fan. I just know that they aren't going to trade Panarin for an inferior rental, a bust prospect and an up in the air prospect. The Jackets are in win-now mode. They can get better players with more term than what you offered. ex. Zucker and Nino from the Wild as was proposed in this thread.
With the understanding that they'd only offer that if Panarin wasn't a rental and was certain to extend with the Wild, which isn't likely. As a 1-year rental (which is almost certainly what he'd be for Minnesota) they couldn't offer nearly that much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad