Proposal: Artemi Panarin to SJS

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
Ehhh 1st line could very well be stretching it. He needs to pot 30 before he gets put on the 1st line on my team.

Well maybe on your fictitious dream team you would expect that. However for CBJ who had zero 30g scorers, or the Blues who had 1 (not sure which team you are a fan of). They might be a little less stringent in their demands for a first line forward.

Getting a first full year 21 goal scorer, who started the year off playing on the third line. Is physical, and a good possession player. I don't believe too many, if any, teams would scoff so easily at the idea as you do.

Doesn't matter though really. I don't want Panarin for the cost he would likely demand, nor do I feel like risking him leaving the very next year after giving up that cost. CBJ can keep him, which I'm sure they are fine with.

Reactions: Groo

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Well maybe on your fictitious dream team you would expect that. However for CBJ who had zero 30g scorers, or the Blues who had 1 (not sure which team you are a fan of). They might be a little less stringent in their demands for a first line forward.

Getting a first full year 21 goal scorer, who started the year off playing on the third line. Is physical, and a good possession player. I don't believe too many, if any, teams would scoff so easily at the idea as you do.

Doesn't matter though really. I don't want Panarin for the cost he would likely demand, nor do I feel like risking him leaving the very next year after giving up that cost. CBJ can keep him, which I'm sure they are fine with.
We have 2 of the players you are describing in PLD and Anderson. And our system stops players from putting up 30 although at least 2 to 3 of the guys could easily hit that on other teams. We are more of a defense 1st and counter with spead team which is why the PP was weak but we lead the league in goals after the TDL and into the 1st round. We have multiple people on the team who habe hit 30 its just more likely we have a load of 20 goal guys. We need game breaking and 0lay making not more guys like you are describing what you described is what we are known for and have an abundance of.

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
We have 2 of the players you are describing in PLD and Anderson. And our system stops players from putting up 30 although at least 2 to 3 of the guys could easily hit that on other teams. We are more of a defense 1st and counter with spead team which is why the PP was weak but we lead the league in goals after the TDL and into the 1st round. We have multiple people on the team who habe hit 30 its just more likely we have a load of 20 goal guys. We need game breaking and 0lay making not more guys like you are describing what you described is what we are known for and have an abundance of.

Thats all good, I'm not saying no one on your team could score 30, just that they didn't. So if the guy I was quoting wouldn't take someone who's sub 30 goals on his first line, that excludes everyone, including Panarin from being a top line forward to him.

That's obviously stupid, and was really all my point was. Whether or not CLB would actually want Meier, or play him on their top line, I don't know, I don't know your team's needs well enough. If what you are saying is true, and you need less Meier types, than Labanc really would be our best prospect in terms of playmaking, and passing, minus the grit/possession. However hes less valuable than Meier, and highly doubtful to bring in someone like Panarin, which I still wouldn't want anyways, simply due to being a flight risk.

Reactions: mikeyp24

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
**** just lock this then. People clearly don’t know Sharks players so that’s okay.

You asked for CBJ's #1 forward and offered back pieces that you think couldnt make their top 6 forwards. For a guy like Panarin, you need at least one great piece (liek Meier) and then add what is needed to it.

Reactions: Viqsi

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
that's an insane overpayment for Panarin.

CBJ doesn't have any leverage with him. He's an upcoming UFA who wants out. Lebanc Norris, and a 2nd should be more than enough.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Shows how much you know about reading comprehension.

I know the guy's name is Labanc, not Lebanc.

And the post I was repsonding to, if you actually bothered to read it without the spittle flying out of your mouth, was putting them on the 3rd line of their NEW team, which is what I said.

And I never said a thing about Meier, which you also didn't bother to read.

Tierney and Labanc are 3rd liners. Period.
I’m tempted to call Labanc a 2nd liner

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007

CBJ doesn't have any leverage with him. He's an upcoming UFA who wants out. Lebanc Norris, and a 2nd should be more than enough.
Panarin literally wins games by himself. At a minimum, that second would need to be a 2019 1st with a conditional 1st in 2020 if Panarin re-signs. Even then, that's a lot of futures for Columbus to take when they are not looking for futures.

Meier + Norris + 2019 1st is fair for a player who puts the team on his back and wins games himself.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I’m tempted to call Labanc a 2nd liner
That's nice.

But again, the SJ fan I was responding to created the new lineups for both teams.

He put Panarin on SJS's 1st line, and had Tierney & Labanc on CBS's 3rd.

THAT was my point. You can get bogged down in the literal definitions of what a 2nd liner is or what a 3rd liner is, bu the point is this: He's offering 2 pieces he know are "depth" for a guy he knows is "core".

Reactions: Viqsi

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
That's nice.

But again, the SJ fan I was responding to created the new lineups for both teams.

He put Panarin on SJS's 1st line, and had Tierney & Labanc on CBS's 3rd.

THAT was my point. You can get bogged down in the literal definitions of what a 2nd liner is or what a 3rd liner is, bu the point is this: He's offering 2 pieces he know are "depth" for a guy he knows is "core".
Ah. Yeah.

And yeah the OP is god-awful for Columbus. No question.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

Disagree, other teams will be bidding... career ppg player.. lebanc norris and 2nd would be easily beat

Reactions: wintersej

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Panarin literally wins games by himself. At a minimum, that second would need to be a 2019 1st with a conditional 1st in 2020 if Panarin re-signs. Even then, that's a lot of futures for Columbus to take when they are not looking for futures.

Meier + Norris + 2019 1st is fair for a player who puts the team on his back and wins games himself.

I would be willing to do that for Panarin if he were willing to sign a $9M/8Y extension.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Yeah, I would easily give Panarin $10M/8Y and probably wouldn’t have a problem with $11M either.

Would Columbus fans consider Meier+Norris+2020 1st for Panarin if he isn’t willing to re-sign?

Reactions: Getz2perry

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Tierney and Labanc are both good players that I would very much like to see in union blue someday.

But in exchange for Panarin? **** right off with that bull****.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad