Art Ross thread (2018/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Looking at Kane’s game logs, he’s been remarkably consistent all season, but has indeed turned it up more recently.

Since the Christmas break, he’s got 12G, 13A, 25Pts in 11 games played.
I don't think he sniffs the top 5 unless he is consistent.

Games held pointless:
Kucherov 11
Gaudreau 12
Rantanen 9
MacKinnon 10
McDavid 7
Kane 9

Those stats are mental.

Reactions: koyvoo

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
I don't think he sniffs the top 5 unless he is consistent.

Games held pointless:
Kucherov 11
Gaudreau 12
Rantanen 9
MacKinnon 10
McDavid 7
Kane 9

Those stats are mental.

This confirms something I've been feeling crazy for doing when scoreboard watching at the end of the night: I always go to check how many points McDavid scored that night, not IF he got any points that night.

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
This confirms something I've been feeling crazy for doing when scoreboard watching at the end of the night: I always go to check how many points McDavid scored that night, not IF he got any points that night.
Get the score app. You can pick players and be automatically informed when they score a point

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Connor had two assists against Carolina.

1. Kucherov: 78 points (49 GP)
2. Gaudreau: 73 points (50 GP)
3. Rantanen: 73 points (48 GP)
4. McDavid: 72 points (48 GP)
5. Kane: 70 points (49 GP)
6. MacKinnon: 70 points (48 GP)

ovythegiraffe

Nov 26, 2018
Anyone else slightly bummed about the high scoring? I mean more goals in a game is absolutely great and more exciting, but right now there are 12 people pacing 100 points or more. Kinda liked it more when breaking a 100 was something incredible only one or two people in the league could do. Not that it matters in any way at all, but you know the winner is gonna be advertised as a god who scored more points than anyone in the last two decades.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
The scoring is amazing.

The best thing going on right now.

I don't really care about historic point totals. It's always what did a team or player did/does relative to their peers, for me.

But I enjoy a 7-4 game more than 2-1 in nearly every instance.

Troubadour

Feb 23, 2018
Anyone else slightly bummed about the high scoring? I mean more goals in a game is absolutely great and more exciting, but right now there are 12 people pacing 100 points or more. Kinda liked it more when breaking a 100 was something incredible only one or two people in the league could do. Not that it matters in any way at all, but you know the winner is gonna be advertised as a god who scored more points than anyone in the last two decades.

Haha.

NO!

Reactions: Sk8M8 and EightyOne

member 151739

This season and last season have been the most fun the NHL regular season has been in, like, a decade. So I must disagree.

Reactions: Sk8M8 and EightyOne

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
I'm not. The only negative that I see is that many players will get overpaid since the comparables will be to other contracts and performances from seasons past where scoring was lower. Think Matthews, Marner, Rantanen, Tkachuk, Point; they will all get huge 2nd contracts.

Reactions: ovythegiraffe

ovythegiraffe

Nov 26, 2018
I'm not. The only negative that I see is that many players will get overpaid since the comparables will be to other contracts and performances from seasons past where scoring was lower. Think Matthews, Marner, Rantanen, Tkachuk, Point; they will all get huge 2nd contracts.
Yeah well that was actually one of the main points in my head, somehow forgot to write it haha. The players and their managers are gonna ask for much more money now than they would've if the scoring was like last year. Could result in more Nylander like cases.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Salary cap and the fact you need 20+ players on NHL contracts will limit how much guys ask for.

They can bounce to euro leagues....and proceed to make even less money...

Sundance

You Can Never Get To
Sep 7, 2010
Lillyhammer

I think we've been deprived of such high scoring for so long that we've forgotten scoring 100 points should be achievable for the top 10 or so scorers, while 120 (a nice clean 3 points per two game average) is reserved for the league leader.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
If you put up 100 points in your early 20s, I don't see a problem seeing them paid 10-11m.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Best race in a long time. Gonna go with McDavid though
It'll be interesting to see if Kucherov takes his foot off the gas, or gets more conservative ice time to avoid injury.

McDavid is going to play 25 minutes a night until Chiarelli is run out of the province.

Reactions: Riddum

Future GOAT

Apr 4, 2017
It'll be interesting to see if Kucherov takes his foot off the gas, or gets more conservative ice time to avoid injury.

McDavid is going to play 25 minutes a night until Chiarelli is run out of the province.
Well I'm sure if Kucherov loses the Ross the excuses will be plenty, that much we can count on. The preemptive excuses are already starting, "just in case".

It's his to lose.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Well I'm sure if Kucherov loses the Ross the excuses will be plenty, that much we can count on. The preemptive excuses are already starting, "just in case".

It's his to lose.
I dunno. There's 60 players over 70 with a ton of games left. Who knows

Beukeboom

Apr 1, 2007
Me either. This season has shades of 92-93, which was the last great NHL season IMHO.
95-96 was the last great season. Plenty of scoring, hordes over 100points, lots of fighting and hitting. The game was beautiful!

The Colorado trio drawing blank tonight.

Reactions: MacBradley

PsYcNeT

The No-Fun Zone
Jan 24, 2007
Scoring per game isn't really up that much over last season (something like 1 extra goal every 3 games), the scoring is just concentrated at the top moreso than recent seasons.

Reactions: MacBradley
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad