TV: Arrow 8th and final season

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Good comeback season for Arrow. I think the cast change was a major factor in improving this season, and adding Dolph Lundgren in a small role is always a a good thing. I actually really like Wild Dog.

Seems like both Arrow and Legends cleaned up their shows and got rid of mostly annoying characters especially the unlikeable Hawkpeople from Legends. Other than Diggle and Felicity, Arrow's team was always obnoxious (Sarah is much better in Legends) and so all these new B-list heroes are welcome.

Crossover should be fun. 1940s Vixen, I want to buy stock in that actress, she's gonna be the new Morena Baccarin/Stephanie Corneliusson.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Holy crap this crossover is turning into one major dud... :shakehead

Apart from the last 10 or so minutes, a complete waste of an episode.

Will someone kill off Wild Dog already? That scene where he runs into a shelf... :facepalm:

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California
As far as a crossover episode it wasn't the best. Really just the ending to lead into Legends.

As far as an ARROW episode, that was pretty good. They had good fight scenes, with each character against someone that made sense for them. It had emotional scenes. It h That was almost likes Arrow's equivalent to the BTAS episode Perchance to Dream and I thought they did pretty good on that part. I admit got some feels watching it. Happy 100 episodes Arrow.

latest

Last edited:

KesselBuiltMyHotrod

Aug 2, 2005
MA
Arrow got a huge ratings boost from the crossover, 0.7 to 1.3. I'm guessing they'll keep these going as long as the shows are still on the air.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I didn't watch supergirl's, flash or Legends episodes so I don't know how the whole crossover ended up. As an Arrow episode it was good, but I just don't think Aliens and Arrow really mix well together. Should probably just leave that with the other shows.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Good to know the ratings got a boost. The show should be rewarded, it's been much better this season.

I still don't love how the crossover was shot and that certain characters like Rag Man, Wild Dog, Vixen, Citizen Steel, Wally were only used in their show. Would have been better to have some constancy and just have a mega team for the entire four nights with sub missions and more random pairings.

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
I was thinking how someone who only watched arrow would like the sudden alien invasion...It would be such a random episode :). I liked it, brought back some good oldie characters for their 100th episode.

ATypicalCanadian

Apr 30, 2015
Canada
I quite enjoyed tonight's episode and I also am really liking the development of Prometheus as a Villain. The ending reveals were unexpected(somewhat on the second one)

I've liked the season overall and it's definitely favored for me over season 4. I'm hoping the second half of the season doesn't bomb.

Sarcastic

PosterOfTheYear2014
Sep 18, 2011
Toronto
The only episode I watched this season was last week's. This week's ending might get me back to watching to see what farfetched reason they've contrived for this to happen. I mean apparently there's a clip out for the next half that indicates that Oliver isn't having another one of his Shado moments.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Prometheus is Robert Queen. He didn't really shoot himself on the raft. Oliver was strung out on mushrooms from when he was on the yacht.

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California
Reporter woman is totally Prometheus.

They made it seem like she had a connection. They really wanted us to notice the Russian vodka in that scene. But wasn't she surprised when she found out he was in Russia from the photo she was shown?

And then Prometheus doing that move Oliver was taught in Russia.

There's something happening. Or nothing >_< Now I gotta wait!

KesselBuiltMyHotrod

Aug 2, 2005
MA
They made it seem like she had a connection. They really wanted us to notice the Russian vodka in that scene. But wasn't she surprised when she found out he was in Russia from the photo she was shown?

I went back and checked. All she did was smile, didn't say anything. And she hasn't brought it up since.

ATypicalCanadian

Apr 30, 2015
Canada

And then Prometheus doing that move Oliver was taught in Russia.

There's something happening. Or nothing >_< Now I gotta wait!

I'm thinking the reporter is just obsessed with figuring out Oliver's past and him as Mayor. I can't see them doing a Isabel Rochev type deal again.

Regarding who trained Oliver in Russia I think that has to do with a character they've cast for the second half of the season.

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California
I went back and checked. All she did was smile, didn't say anything. And she hasn't brought it up since.

Yeah not a peep. Really surprised by that but it's still early. Could totally be messing with him.

I'm thinking the reporter is just obsessed with figuring out Oliver's past and him as Mayor. I can't see them doing a Isabel Rochev type deal again.

Regarding who trained Oliver in Russia I think that has to do with a character they've cast for the second half of the season.

Could very well be just an obsessed reporter.

I accidentally saw one name that was apparently cast for the second half. Had no idea about it but that explains something about the episode. Kind of.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
My thought was that maybe the Russian vodka was spiked with something; only Oliver drank it (she didn't). Oliver could be hallucinating at the end - either way, another compelling mystery to chew on until January. This episode was fantastic; I don't believe for a second that this as yet unseen "Justin Claybourne" is Prometheus.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Truthfully, the theory I like the best is that Prometheus is a Flashpoint-altered Roy Harper. At the very least, it would make his archery skills and his intimate knowledge of the Arrow team make a whole lot of sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad