TV: Arrow 8th and final season

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California
Finally bit on this. Put it off for so long because so many people say it just gets worse but oh well I wanted something to watch and the start has been good also like I heard.

I already know a few things that will happen cause of The Flash but that can't be helped.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Finally bit on this. Put it off for so long because so many people say it just gets worse but oh well I wanted something to watch and the start has been good also like I heard.

I already know a few things that will happen cause of The Flash but that can't be helped.

If you watch only the first two seasons you'll probably really enjoy the show. Those ones are great. After that, only pain you will find.

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California
Not getting tempted to watch even a second of this. Not doing it. Nope.

Season 1 has been pretty gooooood. Haven't watched the last couple days cause of work.

I wonder what happens in 3 that just turns everyone off. I'll be afraid to start it cause there's already been a couple situations where I thought if 'if this happened like this' I would have been pissed :laugh:

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California
Season 3 has been good so far :dunno: (finished ep 10)

Though I already knew a big thing that was going to happen. Just didn't know it happened so early that season.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
The premiere episode was pretty good, y'all should give arrow one more chance.

I agree, I did give it one more chance and thought this season already has more potential than the last two but reserve the right to quit if the writers continue with writing complete garbage. Last season was putrid, both writing, acting and the macro direction of the show. Honestly, if the showrunner and writers tried to screw up Arrow, they could not have done a more thorough job of it.

That said, the first episode was decent. All the parts that were sub par, involved a character and statue that, well watch and see.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I'm still holding out hope for this show. The first episode was promising, but there's still plenty episodes left to mess it up so I won't hold my breath. I'm really curious to see Oliver in Russia and see where that goes.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Season 1 has been pretty gooooood. Haven't watched the last couple days cause of work.

I wonder what happens in 3 that just turns everyone off. I'll be afraid to start it cause there's already been a couple situations where I thought if 'if this happened like this' I would have been pissed :laugh:

Essentially the show becomes more of a drama and a team show than a good action superhero show about the Arrow. If you're looking for 90% relationship problems with some action thrown in you'll still enjoy it though I suppose. For me though it went from being a couldn't wait until the next episode every week type of show to being something I'd have to completely force myself to sit through.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Enjoyed the premiere quite a bit, actually. Their "back to basics" mantra was on full display. Oliver Queen flying solo as the Green Arrow is the best recipe for the show's success, so I doubt it maintains that standard given that he's looking to recruit a new team, but still. Best episode in a long time.

ATypicalCanadian

Apr 30, 2015
Canada
Enjoyed the premiere quite a bit, actually. Their "back to basics" mantra was on full display. Oliver Queen flying solo as the Green Arrow is the best recipe for the show's success, so I doubt it maintains that standard given that he's looking to recruit a new team, but still. Best episode in a long time.

My thought was when it was revealed that there would be numerous new people is make it so they don't all show up every week. You can have Oliver taking it solo or with 1-4 of the new guys(not including the occasional appearance of Diggle and Thea).

Sideline one of them for a couple episodes maybe. For example Wild Dog looks like he'll be the rash/charge in before thinking guy and that could get him injured.

Also I love the voice for Prometheus. The disguised voices across the Arrow/Flash verse are becoming a cool feature each season. Zoom, Prometheus and Alchemy.

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California
Essentially the show becomes more of a drama and a team show than a good action superhero show about the Arrow. If you're looking for 90% relationship problems with some action thrown in you'll still enjoy it though I suppose. For me though it went from being a couldn't wait until the next episode every week type of show to being something I'd have to completely force myself to sit through.

Yeah I mean maybe because I'm able to marathon it it's not so negative for me. I enjoyed 3 and some character building. I do enjoy the flashbacks which from what I see a lot of people don't like. My expectations for S3 was also really low so that's also why. I had some problems but not to the extent that I was expecting.

5 episodes into S4 now.

ATypicalCanadian

Apr 30, 2015
Canada
I'm really interested to see who Prometheus is. The theories I've seen are pretty interesting including Tommy Merlyn, Yao Fei and Felicity's boyfriend. I personally like the Tommy theory best and it could be why Malcolm was against Thea being thrown in the Pit.

ATypicalCanadian

Apr 30, 2015
Canada
If it's Tommy I quit.

I do think that it's unlikely, but I like it out of all the other bogus theories I've seen/heard. I think everyone is latching onto it being a character we know. I think it could be a character where everyone's thinking "Who is this guy...?" and we see some kind of flashback storytelling as to why this guy wants revenge.Also the actor that played Tommy is on Chicago Med and he might be busy so there's that.

I have to admit to liking the whole mysterious villain or not putting the face to the name right away. Darhk being right there in season 4 killed a lot of tension imo.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Enjoyed the second episode for the most part. A couple of questionable bits of logic (Felicity insisting Oliver should bring his new recruits as extra backup to the medical event, for instance), but it was overall another strong outing. A little bit surprised they decided to bring in someone else with special abilities (Ragman) so quickly given their whole "back to basics" mantra, but he seems like an interesting character I want to get to know a bit more.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I went ahead and watched the first episode because everyone in this thread gave it a pretty good review. Loved it. The first episode was everything I loved about Arrow hit pretty well in a single episode. I then watched the second episode, and that one hit pretty much everything I hate about Arrow.

This show is so much better without the team ********. The team fighting scenes are always awful. I absolutely love the one on one action with just the Green Arrow fighting like in the first episode. The team shots are just so terrible and repetitive. There wasn't even any team fighting in that episode really but I am just dreading what's to come assuming I give future episodes a chance. I just can't watch some young teenage girl fight groups of grown, trained fighters and enjoy watching because it's just so beyond realistic, even for a superhero show.

My second gripe is directly with Oliver's character. Holy **** will Oliver ever have any character progression at all? I swear literally every season he goes from being this killer to not being a killer or vice versa. It's the same damn plot every time for Oliver. There will be an episode coming up where he will stop killing but who really cares because he's just going to go back to it in a few more episodes or next season. His character just goes back and forth every season. The writers for this show are beyond awful.

I did like the ragman guy though. Interested in seeing where it goes with him. The fact that we already have what looks like 4 new sidekicks in the second episode makes me want to jump off a bridge though. I'm going to watch the third show just so I can get the bad taste of group fighting fresh then probably quit this show again. As much as I want to love this show, it's just so terrible.

Jan 3, 2012
Felicity interrupting Oliver when he tries to train the new recruits was the worse. How are they supposed to respect him if she is his boss?

Team or not if she just died most of the shows problems would be fixed. Hoping Prometheus kills her.

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California
All right caught all the way up to 5x1. Crazy ride.

Enjoyed the season opener. Haven't seen 2 yet. Love James Bamford directed episodes. There were some really sweet shots in this one.

I don't want less Speedy.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I originally didn't think it would be Tommy, but then I thought to myself that this would be the kind of thing this show would do. I still don't he's Tommy, but I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest he was.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
What is Cody Rhodes doing at the CW Zone? :laugh:

"What kind of a vigilante wears a hockey mask? - I think it's cool." :laugh: I was waiting for a Casey Jones reference and there it was. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00