Arron Asham (because why not)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
He cross-checked him high and then when he went to the ground he went after him again.

That's literally the furthest away you can get from "class act" in the NHL.

The furthest? Chris Simon? Donald Brashear? Matt Cooke?

He also stopped once Schenn stayed down. Carkner did the same thing to the Rangers last year. Changed the dynamic of the series.

Schenn takes a HUGE run at the Pens d-man. Is he squeaky clean in this?

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
The furthest? Chris Simon? Donald Brashear? Matt Cooke?

He also stopped once Schenn stayed down. Carkner did the same thing to the Rangers last year. Changed the dynamic of the series.

Schenn takes a HUGE run at the Pens d-man. Is he squeaky clean in this?

I'm talking about the action itself, come on man. Obviously there's worse than Asham but it doesn't get much worse than using your stick as a weapon and then slamming a guy as he's going down, unless we're talking about Cooke elbows.

Carkner's **** on Boyle was a goon move, too.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I am just going to agree to disagree here guys. I don't think Asham is a dirty player at all. If we were to use the "he did it once!" line of thinking, Hagelin would be in the same category.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Asham is not a goon. For one thing he's too small. He's a good fighter and he'll step up against a bigger opponent and take a beating for a teammate. You don't see him backing out of situations--he stands his ground--he doesn't grab or hug. He circles and throws. Not any ******** to the way he fights. Basically he's a tough gritty player. As far as the crosscheck on Schenn--Asham doesn't have a history of that and it should be treated as an unique event and one for which he was suspended. One might also consider that was most probably a reaction on his part in the heat of a bitterly fought game and that it happened so fast--he probably didn't even realize what he done until a couple seconds afterwards.

Anyway it's hard for me to get worked up anymore about last years playoff battle between the Flyers and the Pens. I hate the Pens more than any other team but the Flyers (speaking in historical terms) are no prizes either.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
He has major playoff experience.. Kind of wish Torts would run him more... or even better move him to the 3rd line. Our first 2 lines are exhausted at the end of one game

Punxrocknyc19*

Absolutely classless move by him. Thankfully, he's never shown signs of that with the Rangers yet.

he has only been suspended 2 times in his 13 year career.. that speaks for its self. some of you think he is a goon and a dirty player...

Ovechkin been suspended 4 times in his 8 year career.. and for the amount of crap Avery would get, only be suspended once and that was for his mouth comments. he has never been suspended on the ice... :help: this guy is dirty with his mouth never on his physical play.. heck John Erskine has only been suspended once and he is a chippy player.. for that elbow on Simmonds..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad