Arron Asham (because why not)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYRCSKA*

I remember when our priority was to get a #1 center to play with Gaborik. Now we need to get a center to play with Asham.

Pretty ironic lol. He did lead the Penguins a playoff points a few years back. With his shot, put him with Brassgod or Stepan for a few shifts and I think he scores some goals too.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
As I said the guy has a shot--lots of velocity and with some accuracy. He's capable of driving the puck through a goalie. Sometimes he takes too much time getting it off. Not tonight. Huge ****ing goal--game winner and chicken dinner.

varanger94

Jan 11, 2011
He's a type cast guy. If he played on a bad team, he'd move up to the third or second line and have a good season.

I respect him for being the first Ranger to come to the aid of the guy who had Cancer and his Daughters requested some donations to have their Father attend a Ranger game. I won't forget it.

Vickers8

He's a type cast guy. If he played on a bad team, he'd move up to the third or second line and have a good season.

I respect him for being the first Ranger to come to the aid of the guy who had Cancer and his Daughters requested some donations to have their Father attend a Ranger game. I won't forget it.

Class act, unsung, great shot, tough, reliable defensively, a perfect 4th line wing, who deserves more ice time...

Leetch2McDonagh27

Jan 21, 2013
I remember when our priority was to get a #1 center to play with Gaborik. Now we need to get a center to play with Asham.

lol.....we already have those Centers:sarcasm:

See what happens when Asham gets ice time and the puck in the right spots?

2 Goals in what.....he prob played a whole 20 minutes the entire series?:sarcasm:

Kershaw

Brandon Prust had one playoff goal last yr.

Asham has 2.

Trololol.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Arron Asham? More like:

fulton-reed.jpg

Epic slapshot? Check.
Bash brother? Check.
Suspect Accuracy? Check.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL

Absolutely classless move by him. Thankfully, he's never shown signs of that with the Rangers yet.

Schenn takes a run from the blue-line at a Pens d-man. That whole series was like that. Asham comes to his defenseman's aide and gets his hands up and hits him in the face with his stick.

If that is all he has done over his career, considering the role he is in, I wouldn't consider that a "goon tour"

It looked like it was supposed to be a cross-check to the upper chest. Schenn whipped his head back.

If a Rangers playoff game gets out of hand and Lucic is running around like that and takes a run at Girardi or McDonagh I hope he steps up again.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Schenn takes a run from the blue-line at a Pens d-man. That whole series was like that. Asham comes to his defenseman's aide and gets his hands up and hits him in the face with his stick.

If that is all he has done over his career, considering the role he is in, I wouldn't consider that a "goon tour"

It looked like it was supposed to be a cross-check to the upper chest. Schenn whipped his head back.

If a Rangers playoff game gets out of hand and Lucic is running around like that and takes a run at Girardi or McDonagh I hope he steps up again.

He cross-checked him high and then when he went to the ground he went after him again.

That's literally the furthest away you can get from "class act" in the NHL.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL

He was clearly more of a "borderline" player with the Pens then he has been for us.

I don't agree with that. He has only played ~30 games with the Rangers due to his injury and shortened season. Plays like you see are the reason he is here. He can chip in the odd goal and protect his teammates.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
I don't agree with that. He has only played ~30 games with the Rangers due to his injury and shortened season. Plays like you see are the reason he is here. He can chip in the odd goal and protect his teammates.

He hasn't done anything like that as a Ranger. He's been a tough guy, but he's not going around taunting dudes and throwing his stick around. That's a fact. Asham can be effective without playing like that, and he HAS been effective without playing like that.

HenrikO'doyle

Mar 2, 2006
He has one dirty hit in his career which he was suspended for. Its not like he was Ryan Hollweg deliberately trying to injure someone every shift. Other than that OMG wow he instigated a fight! Never seen such violence outside of an R-rated movie. Big deal. And as for the gesture after knocking out Beagle he apologized and then the next game he manned up and fought John Erskine and settled it there. This isnt Matt Cooke here Asham has always been an honest tough guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad