Arron Asham (because why not)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYRCSKA*

He's been pretty noticeable in the playoffs. If he was on a line with a center that could actually get him the puck and not Richards, I think he'd be putting some pucks in the net. His presence has definitely been felt. I underestimated how good of a hockey player he is.

Last edited by a moderator:

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I like him. Good team guy. Has been known to step it up in the playoffs.

He succeeds in the playoffs because he keeps it simple. Nash could actually learn a thing or two from Asham. Who knew?

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
He's been pretty noticeable in the playoffs. If he was on a line with a center that could actually get him the puck and not Richards, I think he'd be putting some pucks in the net. His presence has definitely been felt. I underestimated how good of a hockey player he is.

A lot of people did. I was saying when we signed him that he's a very good fourth line player, and one who steps it up in the playoffs. A lot of people wouldn't put their hate for him aside.

I'm glad that people are on his bandwagon, now. Great fourth liner and a great teammate.

DudMan28

Jan 30, 2013
I've been saying it all year. He's been great all year. He puts the biscuit in the basket; Plain and simple. Not sure why people are so quick to give him the shaft.

gardenparty

Oct 21, 2011
Guys like Asham are worth their weight in gold: a guy who will stand up for his teammates in the regular season, then go to the dirty areas and chip in the odd goal in the playoffs.

Many 4th liners around the league can do the former, but not a lot can do the latter (see Orr, Colton). ;)

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Think it was Torts, who when they signed him, said something like we asked around the league, and everyone said what a great guy he is to have in the locker room, think that has held up, definitely a good player for the 4th line, and when he finds the space his slap shot is pretty sweet.

Cake or Death

I'd like to see the dude get a little more ice time. Every minute the back line guys can play keeps the front line guys fresher for a long run. And I'm not sure what warrants Pyatt getting as many shifts last night as Hagelin and Brassard while Asham gets 6 shifts and less than 5 minutes.

5 4 Fighting

Registered snoozer
Feb 13, 2013
Bk all day
No matter what happens tonight, I want him back next season.

Would have loved to see a

Fedotenko-Boyle-Asham 4th line had we kept 1 of them. I miss both Feds and Prusty....

Parker

Mar 25, 2007
Binghamton, NY
He's made a believer out of me. I expected another Brashear/Boogaard/John Scott and have been pleased that Asham's actually a player.

I'd be happy to have him back next season.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I like Asham. He's a good team guy. For his size he's a very good fighter. He's not a heavyweight. He's not a goon but he's not afraid of anybody. He's pretty much a 4th liner who can play a bit. He has a very good shot--it takes him a little extra time sometimes to get it off. Average NHL speed--pretty much straight ahead--not the most mobile player. I think he's signed for another year or two. After that it's probably best to move on.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I like Asham. He's a good team guy. For his size he's a very good fighter. He's not a heavyweight. He's not a goon but he's not afraid of anybody. He's pretty much a 4th liner who can play a bit. He has a very good shot--it takes him a little extra time sometimes to get it off. Average NHL speed--pretty much straight ahead--not the most mobile player. I think he's signed for another year or two. After that it's probably best to move on.

Signed for another year. Hoping Haley can team up with him next year on the 4th line.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Yes, the only thing holding Asham back is Brad Richards as his center....

Leetch2McDonagh27

Jan 21, 2013
I would put Asham on the PP......he's wide/hard to move off the net, can shoot the puck, can make some plays. It can't hurt and can't be any worse than the top PP group that goes out there and does nothing:shakehead

Hell.....I'd be willing to bet he would make alot of positive plays and snipe a few goals if he played with a Stepan or Brassard every so often. Just put him with good centerman every so often, just to shake things up:nod:

Bardof425*

Yes, the only thing holding Asham back is Brad Richards as his center....

What's all this talk about him being held back? He has played very well with the ice time he's been given. He makes smart plays with and without the puck and when the opportunity presents itself he can bury it. Very happy with his contribution.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
What's all this talk about him being held back? He has played very well with the ice time he's been given. He makes smart plays with and without the puck and when the opportunity presents itself he can bury it. Very happy with his contribution.
In terms of goals.

Leetch2McDonagh27

Jan 21, 2013
:laugh:

Even if that was plausible, Richards doesn't rank among Asham's top 10 in common linemates in the playoffs. Newbury has played more with Asham than Richards has.

either way....Richards has been horrendous, and Asham needs a better C from time to time (ie. not named Newbury, Powe, nor even Richards):p:

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
I remember when our priority was to get a #1 center to play with Gaborik. Now we need to get a center to play with Asham.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad