Waived: Arron Asham and Martin Biron (10/20: Biron announces his retirement on Twitter)

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Kreider and miller should stay in the A, but I have a feeling since Kreiders contract expires soon, they'll move him to the rangers..

personally, I would expect AV to counter this saying he needs Haley for more needed grit....

Talbot should stay in the A, sign bryz

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Agreed, and I see no reason with doing that. They ARE ready, just PLAY them. Enough with the organization babying them. They are young MEN. Let them play.

These guys have been given every opportunity to grab a spot on a deficient roster, and havent been able to grab it. What have you been watching the last 18 months?

Last edited:

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I know I may have my tinfoil hat on here, but does anyone think they want to see what they have in Talbot this season a little bit just in case Hank decides to bolt?

Could this be posturing a little as well? You want how much? Well we have this kid coming up behind you...

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Is this sign Bryzgalov opinion serious? Ive seen it a couple times and I have to check my eyes each time I read it. People think thats a good idea?

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
Agreed, and I see no reason with doing that. They ARE ready, just PLAY them. Enough with the organization babying them. They are young MEN. Let them play.

The organization is babying them? Waiting from them to break down the door for a roster spot is babying them? Not handing them a roster spot is babying them?

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I was hoping it was in place of Boyle & Pyatt. Both are huge wastes of roster space that could be filled with actual scoring talent.

I don't believe they would be waived. More likely to be traded.

These guys have been given every opportunity to grab a spot on a deficient roster, and havent been able to grab it? What have you been watching the last 18 months?

I'm not sure about this training camp. AV even said some of these older players get a longer leash and a longer look than just TC. I think he just gave them 5 games, whether the organization asked him to or not, and decided he saw something better from someone else.

94now

May 24, 2004
Snow Belt, USA
I think Asham will not be sent down. Sather wants him to be picked. Talbot will be called up. I think Powe will get a call as well once Asham is gone.

Dec 9, 2009
New York City
Disagree. I think Miller is the better NHL'er right now.

Although I think neither are NHL-ready

Miller needs to simplify his game. Whenever he's been up, he seems to do too much.
What I like about him, is he's ACTIVE. Something Krieder isn't.

Kreider is NHL ready. but he does not engage. He seems to play when he wants to. Reading the post while he was in college, apparently he did the same thing there. That does not solve itself in the AHL or NHL. It's something HE needs to change. Don't matter the level.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
I like Asham too, but I agree. I was hoping Powe would have grabbed that final FW spot based only on his ability to kill pens to give Callahan a break.

I thought Powe had a good enough preseason to be on the fourth line. Has wheels, PKs and competes. No offensive skill to speak of, but most of our teams lacks there anyways.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
I know you didn't quote me, but as I agree with the poster you quoted, I'll provide my thoughts.

I think Miller is nowhere near ready. He shows nearly nothing in regular season NHL games. I find myself surprisingly in the high minority in that thought though.

For Kreider, it's a confidence issue. The coaching staff ****ed with him all year last season. Up and down, up and down. Let him get into the swing of things in CT, and see what that does to his game.

A guy like Haley or Mashinter can come up and contribute on the fourth line. And we're not killing their development by playing them 10 or less minutes a night.

The thing is, whoever gets called up from CT right now to replace Asham (if anyone, remember, he's already cleared waivers this season and was not sent down) isn't going to step right into the top-6, where Kreider would need to play. Playing CK 12 or less minutes a night on the third line isn't what he needs right now.

Let him get 22 a night in CT in all situations.

The 'confidence' thing is so overblown. These guys have been playing hockey since they were children. They know how to play the game. J.T. Miller has a big ego, and a chip on his shoulder. He plays the game the right way, and has shown he can play at this level.

Kreider on the other hand seems to suffer a bit from a lack of intensity. Its his personality, he and Miller differ in that way. However, I would love to see them both getting LARGE amounts of ice time at this level. I will deal with the growing pains, seeing them play at the top level is the best way they're going to learn. Enough with the babying. Get rid of Boyle and Pyatt and put them in there.

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
The organization is babying them? Waiting from them to break down the door for a roster spot is babying them? Not handing them a roster spot is babying them?

The use of 'break down the door' is a little too extreme when the likes of player who won out are Dorsett, Pyatt, Asham, Pouliot, etc.

I just realized in this conversation that fans don't even want what they're asking for. If you want youth, and you want a rebuild, and to 'do things the right way' then we are icing a team with Miller, Fast, Kreider on it at the very least immediately.

Look at the Islanders. They have a young competitive team now. That's because they stuck with having the Baileys, Okposos, etc on the pro team from the start and through their rough patches of development.

Aug 2, 2005
New York, NY
Is this sign Bryzgalov opinion serious? Ive seen it a couple times and I have to check my eyes each time I read it. People think thats a good idea?

Heard he skipped his scheduled start this weekend to see Gravity for a fifth time.

On serious note, give Talbot the shot. Don't like the idea of bringing Miller or Kreider up at this point. Particularly Kreider. Think he needs more extended period down in Hartford. He has always been called up at first opportunity and would benefit from developing in AHL for a bit.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
The 'confidence' thing is so overblown. These guys have been playing hockey since they were children. They know how to play the game. J.T. Miller has a big ego, and a chip on his shoulder. He plays the game the right way, and has shown he can play at this level.

Kreider on the other hand seems to suffer a bit from a lack of intensity. Its his personality, he and Miller differ in that way. However, I would love to see them both getting LARGE amounts of ice time at this level. I will deal with the growing pains, seeing them play at the top level is the best way they're going to learn. Enough with the babying. Get rid of Boyle and Pyatt and put them in there.

When did Miller show he belongs in the NHL during the regular season?

That ONE game against the Islanders last season? Miller isn't ready for full-time NHL duties.

He was lost for the majority of his games last year. I don't know why people don't remember this.

94now

May 24, 2004
Snow Belt, USA
I don't believe they would be waived. More likely to be traded.

Boyle is one of our better forwards. He played well all 5 games. Pyatt is also not to blame for our problem.

If you want to rid of someone, I suggest to axe Ulfie. It is too early for that, though.

Bardof425*

“@AGrossRecord: #NYR GM Glen Sather confirms Marty Biron and Arron Asham are indeed on waivers.â€

The fact that Hedberg was in camp signaled something was awry with Biron. And his play just sealed it.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge

Could certainly see him retiring and happily moving back to the Western New York area. I believe he and his wife have a pretty solid horse farm going around those parts.

Marty could also easily be a talking head on a hockey sports show or something.

But oh boy, is the episode of Biron's journal about Marty being waived going to be awkward.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad