Waived: Arron Asham and Martin Biron (10/20: Biron announces his retirement on Twitter)

KreiMeARiver*

Who replaces them?

I mean......you can probably go to Chelsea Piers and find better players.

I wish this thread read: Rangers owner Jim Dolan puts Sather, the coaching staff, and entire team on waivers.

God, now I have to watch basketball this year cuz the Rangers are gonna be so bad....so, so bad. So bad...

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
did not nothing expect that to happen so fast... definitely smells like AV pulled the trigger. Marty's five hole is just too big...

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I think Sather and the staff told AV to give some of these guys already signed a "shot". He has deemed the past (5) games as their "shot" with little to no results.

I wouldn't be surprised if more of this happens relatively soon.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Happy for Cam Talbot.

Bringing up Kreider or Miller would be idiotic at this point, however. A brazen disregard and respect for the development of these players.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Clean slate, desecrate.

See ya ol' stinky.

Hopefully they do not call someone up, maybe Hagelin will come back early. :D

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Calling up Miller or Kreider to get 12-15 minutes a game would be a good idea. 5-7 is not.

I'm not even sure about that. The Rangers are having a difficult time with the basic tasks of completing a pass, breaking out of their own end, and sustaining a forecheck. Miller and Kreider would be much better served developmentally by staying in the AHL where the team has a good environment, to perfect their reads and be go to offensive players getting lots of PP time. Most importantly building confidence.

Then when the team is in better shape around midseason you think about calling them up.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Put me on the Haley bandwagon.

I think this coaching staff also likes Mashinter, so maybe he gets a turn.

Would prefer both these guys over Kreider and Miller. Give them more time in CT to build a game and confidence.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I'm not even sure about that. The Rangers are having a difficult time with the basic tasks of completing a pass, breaking out of their own end, and sustaining a forecheck. Miller and Kreider would be much better served developmentally by staying in the AHL where the team has a good environment, to perfect their reads and be go to offensive players getting lots of PP time.

Maybe they can be part of bringing that to the team?

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Calling up Miller or Kreider to get 12-15 minutes a game would be a good idea. 5-7 is not.

Agreed, and I see no reason with doing that. They ARE ready, just PLAY them. Enough with the organization babying them. They are young MEN. Let them play.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I need an explanation for this opinion. Legitimately confused here.

If they are only looking to replace Asham, a 4th liner getting 5 minutes a night, with another 4th liner getting 5 minutes a night, Haley could be an option. He skates better and is a better hitter.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I need an explanation for this opinion. Legitimately confused here.

I know you didn't quote me, but as I agree with the poster you quoted, I'll provide my thoughts.

I think Miller is nowhere near ready. He shows nearly nothing in regular season NHL games. I find myself surprisingly in the high minority in that thought though.

For Kreider, it's a confidence issue. The coaching staff ****ed with him all year last season. Up and down, up and down. Let him get into the swing of things in CT, and see what that does to his game.

A guy like Haley or Mashinter can come up and contribute on the fourth line. And we're not killing their development by playing them 10 or less minutes a night.

The thing is, whoever gets called up from CT right now to replace Asham (if anyone, remember, he's already cleared waivers this season and was not sent down) isn't going to step right into the top-6, where Kreider would need to play. Playing CK 12 or less minutes a night on the third line isn't what he needs right now.

Let him get 22 a night in CT in all situations.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
If they are only looking to replace Asham, a 4th liner getting 5 minutes a night, with another 4th liner getting 5 minutes a night, Haley could be an option. He skates better and is a better hitter.

I was hoping it was in place of Boyle & Pyatt. Both are huge wastes of roster space that could be filled with actual scoring talent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad