Around the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runforthecup

Sponsor
Nov 10, 2013
Calgary, CW Bay
What the f*** just happened in the Columbus game. Goal review determined the play was onside when it was clearly offside. Columbus gets a penalty. Then during the intermission the refs realize it was offside so they remove the penalty even though half of it was already gone but the goal counts still?
I believe goals are reviewed in Toronto. In the past they have automatically ruled against the Jets on challenges. Watching Laine and Roslovic playing for the Jackets they had a brain fart. Were thinking Jets and made their auto ruling. :sarcasm::sarcasm:

Reactions: hn777 and FonRiesen

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Yeah, that's pathetic on the part of the on-ice officials (and off-ice, I guess). Just leave the penalty on and eat the f*** up.

The offside challenge is the worst thing to happen to the NHL rules in the last ten years, anyway. I'll never forgive the dumbass who let Duchene score that goal for it. Or Duchene either, for that matter.

Laine looked completely clueless on that goal. Just skating in a circle in the D zone with no attempt to cover anyone.

Yup....This why we have the challenge...

And yeah that was bad. But now with the player being offside by a millimeter AND NOT EVEN INVOLVED in the goal in most cases, it's a joke.

Think about this....

I could enter your zone with one player offside by an inch, and two seconds later the player that was offside ( who never touched the puck ) leaves the ice for a change. My team still has control of the puck in your end and we end up passing it around playing keep-away for 10 minutes, and then we finally score. You could challenge that and have my goal wiped out and 10 minutes put back on the clock.

Last edited:

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
I have watched every minute of it since Laine got there and 70% of it since Roslovic got there. Good to have another team to follow in the east.
Okay I watched three more minutes...

Laine is going to get his $10 mill... Roslo looks like one of the few Jackets who's actually trying - same with Seth Jones

Anyone suggesting we trade for David Savard is out of their mind - he's Sbisa level

Reactions: Laine5GoalGame

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Roslovic is sure enjoying home cooking, he might make Chevy look real bad for only getting a third

The 3rd was part of the Laine price. Roslovic was free. :laugh:

Final 6-5 Car. That goal is the difference. :shakehead

Edit: Or is it? I have lost track. I think it is gone.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Never mind a pt a game, Laine is over a goal a game now with 5 in 4 games. :laugh: And he has 1 assist. :laugh:

Roslovic is scoring at a ppg pace. He is 4th in CBJ scoring in less than half the games.

We should have got Werenski as the add instead of a 3rd. :laugh:

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
For anyone who is is concerned that Laine is going to find another gear or prove that he was misutilized in Winnipeg- rest easy. Another game where we saw the "Winnipeg Laine"- looks great on the man advantage and when he can set up for the one timer. Leaves a lot to be desired at 5 on 5.

His line struggled at 5 on 5 and had almost no o-zone time:

36% Corsi and 21% Expected Goals.

Season to date with Columbus:

37% Corsi and 26% xGoals (worse numbers than what we are ripping Wheeler for). He'll be better than that but so far I see no evidence that the setup here was "holding him back".

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
Roslovic is sure enjoying home cooking, he might make Chevy look real bad for only getting a third

In talking to Friedman, Kekalainen was unequivocal that he was unwilling to trade Dubois for Laine straight-up. Let's stop circulating the notion that Roslovic was traded for a 3rd.

Reactions: hn777

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
For anyone who is is concerned that Laine is going to find another gear or prove that he was misutilized in Winnipeg- rest easy. Another game where we saw the "Winnipeg Laine"- looks great on the man advantage and when he can set up for the one timer. Leaves a lot to be desired at 5 on 5.

His line struggled at 5 on 5 and had almost no o-zone:

37% Corsi and 26% xGoals (worse numbers than what we are ripping Wheeler for). He'll be better than that but so far I see no evidence that the setup here was "holding him back".

He won the Scorsi, not the Corsi then

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020

His line struggled at 5 on 5 and had almost no o-zone:

Laine's line was not even close to CBJ's worst... Koivu and crew are just awful.

I still like watching Laine stick handle so slow and awkwardly through an entire team... that will never get old

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
We will see how Jack plays long term, I'd expect him to overachieve for awhile now that he is home. And if its permanent, well we probably weren't going to get that effort here.

Lack of effort was not the problem here. We were getting the effort and the production from the 2015 line.

He needed to play 3C for a year to work his way up to 2C. Lowry had him thoroughly blocked.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

His line struggled at 5 on 5 and had almost no o-zone time:

Well, not exactly. The best that CBJ can give him is < the sub-optimal setup he was getting here.

What this shows is that he won't get what he wanted from CBJ, because they just don't have it with PLD gone.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
In talking to Friedman, Kekalainen was unequivocal that he was unwilling to trade Dubois for Laine straight-up. Let's stop circulating the notion that Roslovic was traded for a 3rd.

Initially, yes. He came around when he couldn't get a 1C in return. He also made it clear that he wanted Roslovic included in the deal. So he got that. That doesn't make the 3rd an adequate add.

What we can believe though, is that there was at least 1 other offer that Jarmo might have taken if Chevy had demanded any more in return.

It is what it is now, so I just hope that Dubois soon makes us forget all about the price.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Initially, yes. He came around when he couldn't get a 1C in return. He also made it clear that he wanted Roslovic included in the deal. So he got that. That doesn't make the 3rd an adequate add.

What we can believe though, is that there was at least 1 other offer that Jarmo might have taken if Chevy had demanded any more in return.

It is what it is now, so I just hope that Dubois soon makes us forget all about the price.
I've forgotten about the price already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad