OT: Around the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
IF they don't want to be in Tampa. And the big thing with an offer sheet in terms of selling point is term. No teams that are contenders are going to be able to shell out big money deals for one year.

Unless it is Cbus or Colorado, and I don't know if players are wanting to go to either of those franchises versus Tampa.

Florida has 11 mil in cap and should just throw one out just to annoy Tampa :popcorn:.

Even just enough for them to match but make things uncomfortable for them. Player may still sign the OS for the guarantee even if hoping Tampa matches.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Coyotes did the right thing on Miller finally. Despicable he was selected.

I do think the kid should be able to play college hockey and go to school though.

On Miller to show remorse and that he can have a positive impact on society, and that’s he’s changed... and lastly and least importantly- maybe he can play well enough at North Dakota to warrant some organization giving him a final chance. Has a long road ahead of him.

I used to be friends with a disabled kid, so yeah f*** him and his :eek::eek::eek::eek:y horse he rode in on. He knew what he was doing.

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
Like I said in the main board thread on that Bitch Miller guy.

I worked with a guy who spent 15 years in prison for 2nd degree murder. Plea bargained down from 1st to avoid the death penalty. Went in at age 19/20. He's working at a furniture warehouse now and is one of the nicest people I ever met.

People can change, but they have to want to change. My buddy did NOT want to go back to prison, so he changed. Maybe Mitch will, maybe he won't. Time will tell

Also here's the link to a local news heading for the crime my buddy did, its pretty f***in gruesome tbh.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arch...e-death/eb6b64f1-bc2b-48ae-8907-6d1d37fa75ff/

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Like I said in the main board thread on that Bitch Miller guy.

I worked with a guy who spent 15 years in prison for 2nd degree murder. Plea bargained down from 1st to avoid the death penalty. Went in at age 19/20. He's working at a furniture warehouse now and is one of the nicest people I ever met.

People can change, but they have to want to change. My buddy did NOT want to go back to prison, so he changed. Maybe Mitch will, maybe he won't. Time will tell

Also here's the link to a local news heading for the crime my buddy did, its pretty f***in gruesome tbh.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arch...e-death/eb6b64f1-bc2b-48ae-8907-6d1d37fa75ff/

I think this brings up a different, but related question. How do we measure "change" or "remorse"?

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
I think this brings up a different, but related question. How do we measure "change" or "remorse"?

Tbh I didn't really feel comfortable asking my friend how he felt about what he did, he did express huge amounts of regret. Particularly over how his own parents felt and how they were blaming themselves. He also had some horror stories about prison and reiterated that he did not want to go back.

He's 41 now and I'd like to think he's much different than he was when he was 19/20 years old. Not only is that a 20 year difference but 15 years in prison will change anyone, for better or worse. He was in prison during 9/11 which made for an interesting story. I got a kick outta asking him about "future shock" going to prison in 1999 and getting out in 2014 with radically different tech

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Travis Roy passed away today at 45. He became a quadriplegic just 11 seconds into his hockey career at Boston University in 1995.

Ah man. Yeah he had an incredible story after that hit. Did a lot of good for sports injuries with his foundation.
*edit: shit...missed last page here....old news lol

Last edited:

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
My opinion was let him play and attend school. So not sure how I feel about this. Seems like they’ll let him go to school at least.

I’ll defer to the institution’s decision though. They know much better than me.

Just a pretty sad situation all around. Nothing good has come out of any of this since it came to public light.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
My opinion was let him play and attend school. So not sure how I feel about this. Seems like they’ll let him go to school at least.

I’ll defer to the institution’s decision though. They know much better than me.

Just a pretty sad situation all around. Nothing good has come out of any of this since it came to public light.

I guess the school thinks it’ll do damage to them to let him play. He has an opportunity in his first year to make amends and get back on the team but more importantly become a better person. From there he can still pursue the NHL if he’s good enough.

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Honestly I usually refrain from getting too high and mighty about instances such as these most of the time. Kids are dumb... teenage years are rough... shit happens.

Problem is that this dude kept on tormenting for years after the incident was originally reported and never showed much in the way of remorse or willingness to change or at least... until some minimal efforts were made when it came time to potentially rake in the cash. So he can f*** a duck.

It should go without saying that his parents must be quite the pieces of work, themselves. His coaches share some blame too for that matter.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
There's still a small chance he has a "redemption". His college still accepts him.
The more the Coyotes backed the kid, the more info kept coming out that went against their actual knowledge of the kid and his supposed "reformed" behavior, which was more or less, just to make sure the NHL and scouts were tricked into thinking he has changed. He really didn't given his incident again, 2yrs later from 14.

The college still accepting him was bizarre to me because of that, we've had 16yr olds say racial things on Tik Tok and have their college admissions revoked, for dropping the N bomb. Let that sink in, all they said was the N bomb, which obviously pisses me off, but they would apologize for it and they still got booted out of their college of choice.

Miller's incidents are 100x worse.

Edit:

I should scroll down a little more next time.

Last edited:

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
So how long I wonder before Miller and his family go after the victim and his family for damages and lost wages?

This is the era of being proud unrepentant pieces of ignorant shit, after all.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
So how long I wonder before Miller and his family go after the victim and his family for damages and lost wages?

This is the era of being proud unrepentant pieces of ignorant shit, after all.
I mean if that family ever gets to that point when the Millers do that, there's a video that has been withheld, they can play that game right back and effectively end any notion he'd have for a pro career.

Reactions: Tacitus Kilgore
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad